Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: 2012 FRONT AXEL

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

2012 FRONT AXEL

So I broke my truck.
    At this point I know I’m gonna need a new axel assembly.
    Does anyone have any tips for things to do while I’m dealing with this. As in, things to replace while I’m under there and have everything apart already.
    The truck is a 2012 2500 4wd 53,000 miles.

Thanks in advance for any advice

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: 2012 FRONT AXEL

Dang man that's not good sorry to hear she is down but how did you tear up an axle. I just would check all steering joints and all the normal stuff like wheel hubs u joints ect on the new one you install

3. Thanks Steevyd007 thanked for this post
  4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steevyd007 View Post
    So I broke my truck.
    At this point I know I’m gonna need a new axel assembly.
    Does anyone have any tips for things to do while I’m dealing with this. As in, things to replace while I’m under there and have everything apart already.
    The truck is a 2012 2500 4wd 53,000 miles.

Thanks in advance for any advice
    What exactly did ya break?

If’n it was just an axle SHAFT, that there hadn’t oughta be no big deal. Just slide the new one in the housing and gitcher self an alignment done.

5. Thanks Steevyd007 thanked for this post
  6. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

OP, post exactly what is damaged. How did this happen? knowing this will help answer your question because not all axle problems would you need to pull the whole axle off the truck.

2017 WON TON CC LB 68AUTO
    Secret stuff that make it vroom and whistle better Thuren 2.25 w/2.0 Fox Resi

Justin
    Southern Oregon ( the Republican part)
    UNITEDSTATES MARINE CORPS 1993-2007
    No better friend, No better enemy.

7. Thanks Steevyd007 thanked for this post
  8. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

I apologize for not being more specific.
    At this point I know the steering knuckle is broken. The axel shaft is broken.
    I am not working on it myself because I want someone with more experience to assess the whole situation to see if I did any damage to the frame etc.
    The guy I’m dealing with suggested just swapping the entire axel assembly, while keeping my gears, brakes etc due to the low mileage on my truck.
    Luckily I have good friends to come get me as this all happened about 7 hours from home.

9. Likes 03 unicorn liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steevyd007 View Post
    I apologize for not being more specific.
    At this point I know the steering knuckle is broken. The axel shaft is broken.
    I am not working on it myself because I want someone with more experience to assess the whole situation to see if I did any damage to the frame etc.
    The guy I’m dealing with suggested just swapping the entire axel assembly, while keeping my gears, brakes etc due to the low mileage on my truck.
    Luckily I have good friends to come get me as this all happened about 7 hours from home.

Might be kinda pricey, but shouldn’t be a big deal if that there’s all that’s busted. They should be easy replacements.