Thanks Thanks:  22
Likes Likes:  38
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FCKLightbars.com

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

FCKLightbars.com

Was told about a sponsorship through them that seemed legit. You have to order a product PAID BY YOU in order to “seal the deal.” After that they claim you will be able to receive a product every 90 days to review and keep. After the product comes in there’s a sponsorship agreement with a $25 cash fee for processing. I got tricked into ordering the product and after ordering I stumbled upon a lot of negative things about them and people claiming the products are in fact not made in the US and are products of China re-boxed with the companies name.

I also saw that people haven’t received the promised product within months and that the “free” products were only discounted. Being a relatively new truck owner and small Instagram account I figured this would be a great opportunity to establish something but now I’m not so sure. After spending 3 hours today trying to get a hold of someone to cancel my order I was finally informed that my order shipped out yesterday after placing the order 5 MINUTES before there cutoff for the day.

At first I figured spending $170 for some rock lights for my truck wouldn’t be so bad if I was promised free products to test, but now I feel I’ve been scammed out of my own hard earned money when I could’ve found a similar product on Amazon or eBay for a 1/4 of the cost and free shipping instead of their $20 shipping fee from California when I love in Utah.

They do sound like decent people but maybe that’s how they work in order to trap people. I should’ve don’t my research beforehand because maybe the lights are a good product but I wouldn’t have ordered them having known what I know now.

Please don’t fall into the trap of some sponsorship that requires you to pay. NASCAR doesn’t pay companies to have there stuff on there cars. The companies pay NASCAR and the drivers. Again I’m sure they’re probably a decent company but look elsewhere before dumping your money into an overpriced product when you can get the same if not better and cheaper from somewhere else.

To add: I called them yesterday a few minutes after 5pm PST (they close at 6pm PST) was told they were about to close and couldn’t cancel my order. They took my order number and name and told me they would follow up in the morning. Then was promptly told when I got a hold of them today that it shipped yesterday.

Don’t support this business.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: FCKLightbars.com

Sorry to hear about your troubles friend.

Very sad and we appreciate you looking out for us all here.

God bless,
    igotacummins

"The grass is greener where you water it"

3. Likes watersupply189, Amd241997, walla2k5 liked this post
  4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

2011 2500 Laramie CCSB 4x4, 6.7L Cummins, 68RFE

5. Thanks Amd241997, IGOTACUMMINS, Aboshan thanked for this post
  6. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 4kids2dogs&RV View Post
    https://www.bbb.org/us/ca/los-angele...rs-1216-350453

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    Jeez. That’s messed up.

That was over a year ago too. I mean from the reviews I read I knew they had to be terrible, but the fact that the BBB couldn’t even get in contact with them is a whole nother issue.

Thanks for posting that.

7. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  8. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Amd241997 View Post
    Was told about a sponsorship through them that seemed legit. You have to order a product PAID BY YOU in order to “seal the deal.” After that they claim you will be able to receive a product every 90 days to review and keep. After the product comes in there’s a sponsorship agreement with a $25 cash fee for processing. I got tricked into ordering the product and after ordering I stumbled upon a lot of negative things about them and people claiming the products are in fact not made in the US and are products of China re-boxed with the companies name.

I also saw that people haven’t received the promised product within months and that the “free” products were only discounted. Being a relatively new truck owner and small Instagram account I figured this would be a great opportunity to establish something but now I’m not so sure. After spending 3 hours today trying to get a hold of someone to cancel my order I was finally informed that my order shipped out yesterday after placing the order 5 MINUTES before there cutoff for the day.

At first I figured spending $170 for some rock lights for my truck wouldn’t be so bad if I was promised free products to test, but now I feel I’ve been scammed out of my own hard earned money when I could’ve found a similar product on Amazon or eBay for a 1/4 of the cost and free shipping instead of their $20 shipping fee from California when I love in Utah.

They do sound like decent people but maybe that’s how they work in order to trap people. I should’ve don’t my research beforehand because maybe the lights are a good product but I wouldn’t have ordered them having known what I know now.

Please don’t fall into the trap of some sponsorship that requires you to pay. NASCAR doesn’t pay companies to have there stuff on there cars. The companies pay NASCAR and the drivers. Again I’m sure they’re probably a decent company but look elsewhere before dumping your money into an overpriced product when you can get the same if not better and cheaper from somewhere else.

To add: I called them yesterday a few minutes after 5pm PST (they close at 6pm PST) was told they were about to close and couldn’t cancel my order. They took my order number and name and told me they would follow up in the morning. Then was promptly told when I got a hold of them today that it shipped yesterday.

Don’t support this business.

Sorry for your troubles win this POS company.

We appreciate your looking out for us folks but you should’ve caught on with a name like FCK light bars.

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

9. Thanks watersupply189, Amd241997 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, Power247, Amd241997 liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN View Post
    Sorry for your troubles win this POS company.

We appreciate your looking out for us folks but you should’ve caught on with a name like FCK light bars.
    Honestly I figured it was some new creative name.

Oh well least I could do it to help other people out. People need to know about businesses like this and to stay away.

11. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  12. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Ahhh The internet

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

13. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  14. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

This guy is still around???? He got me like 4 years ago, myself and 3 other people went public on him though and he crawled back into whatever hole he came out of.

The guy is a total sham, the company is selling China lights at marked up US product prices. And the sponsorship is a joke. The business address is (or at least was 4 years ago) registered to an empty shop in Chinatown.

Sorry you got had by him, I'd suggest disputing your charge with your bank. I did that and presented them with the information (ebay listings for identical China products at 1/3 the price and his Made in USA claims) and got my money back under false advertisement.

15. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, watersupply189 liked this post
  16. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RamIt View Post
    This guy is still around???? He got me like 4 years ago, myself and 3 other people went public on him though and he crawled back into whatever hole he came out of.

The guy is a total sham, the company is selling China lights at marked up US product prices. And the sponsorship is a joke. The business address is (or at least was 4 years ago) registered to an empty shop in Chinatown.

Sorry you got had by him, I'd suggest disputing your charge with your bank. I did that and presented them with the information (ebay listings for identical China products at 1/3 the price and his Made in USA claims) and got my money back under false advertisement.
    I would’ve disputed the charge but it was too much of a hassle and shipped to me within 2 days. The lights seem good quality but the app itself to control them is Chinese and sucks. Plus no instructions. I only paid that much for the so called “sponsorship”

17. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, watersupply189 liked this post
  18. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Amd241997 View Post
    I would’ve disputed the charge but it was too much of a hassle and shipped to me within 2 days. The lights seem good quality but the app itself to control them is Chinese and sucks. Plus no instructions. I only paid that much for the so called “sponsorship”

The rock lights are not that good of quality compared to products from Infinite Offroad, etc. They are ~$30 on ebay/other sites and the sponsorship will never happen. I bought rock lights from him and he went ghost shortly after. I understand that disputing the charge is a process, but I'd rather recoup all or some of my money.

I'll also point out that SinCity LEDs is another company that has similar business practices; not sure if they are still around, but be wary of them too if they are.

19. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, watersupply189, Amd241997 thanked for this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast