Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2

Thread: Buyin a new to me Cummins

1. Top Of Page | #1
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Buyin a new to me Cummins

Hey all, I’m hoping to buy a 2011 3500 with the G56 and 4x4. Crew cab long bed dually. It currently has 90k miles on it, it’s been deleted but I’m not exactly sure on what all has been done to it. Keep in mind that I’ll be coming from an 01 7.3, and the only experience I have with Cummins is an 06 2500. What kind of fuel mileage will I be looking at with this pickup? Also, what are some good mods I can do for performance/reliability for it? It will be my welding rig so it’ll be a daily and I need it to last as long as possible. Is 2011 a good year for the 6.7?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Buyin a new to me Cummins

Post a pic of under the hood and any tuning monitor or packaging you may have. If it's been deleted and done right with good tuning then all you really can do is routine maintenance using high quality fluids & filters.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

2018 Ram 2500 4x4 G56
    Romans 10:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    joe@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

3. Top Of Page | #3
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

It doesn’t have any pictures of any monitors or anything like that, I can look some more or call and ask. I’ll post that when I find out. Thanks

4. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

how many miles has it been deleted? does it have stock clutch? or aftermarket double disc? if its a stock clutch then likely the deleted tune on it is a low power level because the oem clutch slips. try and get maintenance and service records. see if the truck has Head/studs put in. any leaks? just incase they power washed the underside. take it for a test drive of 15-20 miles. get it hot and check for any leaks or crazy shakes or vibes on the suspension or steering. that's really low miles for that old of truck. hope its a gem for you. good luck

2017 WON TON CC LB 68AUTO
    Secret stuff that make it vroom and whistle better Thuren 2.25 w/2.0 Fox Resi

Justin
    Southern Oregon ( the Republican part)
    UNITEDSTATES MARINE CORPS 1993-2007
    No better friend, No better enemy.

5. Top Of Page | #5
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

I haven’t asked about how many miles it’s been deleted for. They didn’t have anything on record for the clutch being replaced, I’d assume it’s the stock clutch with the miles it has. The truck is at a dealership about 8 hours away from me, so I haven’t been able to look at it in person but when I go, I will definitely check for leaks and take it on a good drive. I’m really hoping this works out, my old 7.3 is gettin pretty tired.

6. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

All good advice here- mpg will likely be 16ish with duals on stock wheels/tires.

good mods to start are basic deletes and good tuning. If you want to add power then it’s a totally different story!

2013 Ram 2500
    John 3:16 - Philippians 4:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

7. Top Of Page | #7
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

I’m not too worried about crazy power LOL, I’m sure whatever power numbers it’s pushing now, it’ll be a night and day difference from my pickup I have now. I’d like to have enough get up and go to have fun but it’s a work truck. But that’ll come eventually. I’ll have to find out if it’s tuned and which tuner they went through. If the dealership doesn’t know, is there a way to find out?

8. Top Of Page | #8
    Permanent Vacation KeepEmRollin14's Avatar

User Info Menu

Looks like a Rudy’s Diesel Kit and has a egt probe in rear block off. I’d delete that throttle valve at that mileage or at least take it off and clean it. Check front main for leakage. My 2014 with 53k on it was starting to get damp already.

9. Likes levimeloy, david3gen liked this post