Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4

Thread: 2012 a/c troubleshooting

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

2012 a/c troubleshooting

On my 2012 ram 3500 im trying to understand the problem with my a/c. It stopped blowing cold so i hooked up my gauge set and saw it was low on freon, evacuated the system and put a vacuum on it and it held 30 in of vacuum overnight. Charged the system with about 1.5 lbs of freon and my next issue arose. Compressor was short cycling with low side at about 35 psi, high side would shoot to the moon, hence why it was cycling. Yet i had ice cold ac. I pulled the blower out and resister, saw debris on the evap and brushed/ vacuumed it out, still cycling. What where should i look next? Thanks in advance

2. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: 2012 a/c troubleshooting

Quote Originally Posted by Supergf350 View Post
    On my 2012 ram 3500 im trying to understand the problem with my a/c. It stopped blowing cold so i hooked up my gauge set and saw it was low on freon, evacuated the system and put a vacuum on it and it held 30 in of vacuum overnight. Charged the system with about 1.5 lbs of freon and my next issue arose. Compressor was short cycling with low side at about 35 psi, high side would shoot to the moon, hence why it was cycling. Yet i had ice cold ac. I pulled the blower out and resister, saw debris on the evap and brushed/ vacuumed it out, still cycling. What where should i look next? Thanks in advance
    Make sure your clutch fan is working. No air flow through the condensor with sky rocket the high side psi

4. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

1.38lbs is what I'm seeing in my system but go by your sticker incase yours is a bit different

6. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Yes i have the ab version of the clutch fan so it pulls alot of air at idle. Thankyou for your reply

8. Likes watersupply189 liked this post