Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  30
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mirrors

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Mirrors

Anyone had any luck getting the turn signals and puddle lights to work other then going to the stealership if you truck didn’t come with them. 2016 ram 2500

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Mirrors

Quote Originally Posted by Cweaver View Post
    Anyone had any luck getting the turn signals and puddle lights to work other then going to the stealership if you truck didn’t come with them. 2016 ram 2500

I’m pretty sure you have to get them to program your computer for those lights.

2016 Ram Laramie 3500, G56, 6.7, MM3 by Double R Diesel, Rough Country Leveling, 35x12.50 Nitto G2, HID headlights and fogs plus many many other add ons.....

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab
    Cummins,G56, Rough Country level, Morimoto LED fog lights, LED headlights, Lund Attitude Steps sprayed with Line-X, DRL's Activated, 35x12.50R18 Falken Wildpeak ATW3, Fuel Vapor Wheels Matte Black w/Dark Tint, A.R.E. Truck cap and swing boxes

4. Likes Cweaver liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

This is a TIPM thing. Requires a WiTech or whatever FCA calls their manufacturer scan tool.

6. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RamIt View Post
    This is a TIPM thing. Requires a WiTech or whatever FCA calls their manufacturer scan tool.
    Since my truck is deleted when they scan it will it put the ecm back to the factory settings do have any idea my chance?

8. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Since my truck is deleted when they scan it will it put the ecm back to the factory settings do have any idea my chance?

No. I brought my deleted truck in for service many times, never had an issue. Scanning wont wipe anything, but just tell your service writer "No Flashes". My writer would write it on the windshield and on the service ticket.

10. Likes Cweaver, watersupply189 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

No. I brought my deleted truck in for service many times, never had an issue. Scanning wont wipe anything, but just tell your service writer "No Flashes". My writer would write it on the windshield and on the service ticket.
    Alright thanks for the info

12. Likes RamIt, watersupply189 liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Alright thanks for the info

Not a problem! If you're super concerned about the flashing aspect, just take your MM3 out before the service and then that way you can reflash on the spot if necessary.

But you shouldn't have to worry about that.

14. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Not a problem! If you're super concerned about the flashing aspect, just take your MM3 out before the service and then that way you can reflash on the spot if necessary.

But you shouldn't have to worry about that.
    So you pull your monitor out before you take it to the dealership

16. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  17. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

So you pull your monitor out before you take it to the dealership

Yeah exactly. That way you don't have to worry about anyone messing with it. If they do reflash the truck, it's going to throw 8790823 different MIL codes and be undriveable. Then just throw your MM3 on and reload the tune as you did the first time.

But like I said, if you have a good working relationship with your service writer, just ask them to annotate no flashes on the WO and on the truck itself. You should be good to go.

18. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  19. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Yeah exactly. That way you don't have to worry about anyone messing with it. If they do reflash the truck, it's going to throw 8790823 different MIL codes and be undriveable. Then just throw your MM3 on and reload the tune as you did the first time.

But like I said, if you have a good working relationship with your service writer, just ask them to annotate no flashes on the WO and on the truck itself. You should be good to go.
    Oh alright yea I was definitely as going to load the stock power tune with deletes in that way I can just drop it off and not worry b/c I know how some of these younger service techs can be. It happened to my cousin had a manual 3rd gen with a stack they took it for a joy ride and filled the cab up with smoke.

20. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast