Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  30
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mirrors

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: Mirrors

Quote Originally Posted by Cweaver View Post
    Oh alright yea I was definitely as going to load the stock power tune with deletes in that way I can just drop it off and not worry b/c I know how some of these younger service techs can be. It happened to my cousin had a manual 3rd gen with a stack they took it for a joy ride and filled the cab up with smoke.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If your concern is joyriding, find another dealership to do business with.

I never once worried about someone joyriding my Ram, my Hellcats, or my current ZL1. I just toss the keys and leave. I get it, there are shitty techs everywhere, but no one should be joyriding your vehicle; and if that's even a thought, I would find somewhere else to leave my car.

2. Likes Cweaver, watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RamIt View Post
    If your concern is joyriding, find another dealership to do business with.

I never once worried about someone joyriding my Ram, my Hellcats, or my current ZL1. I just toss the keys and leave. I get it, there are shitty techs everywhere, but no one should be joyriding your vehicle; and if that's even a thought, I would find somewhere else to leave my car.
    Yea that wasn’t at my dealership but after that I just stay wary about dealerships in general

4. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

Yea that wasn’t at my dealership but after that I just stay wary about dealerships in general

Cant argue with you there, but I try to find a way to build a good working relationship with the people at a dealership, it makes me a lot more comfortable leaving my vehicle somewhere when I'm on a first name basis with 80% of the staff. I found a writer who cares about his job and takes care of my issues. And I don't mind dropping him some cash here and there to take his wife out to dinner on me.

6. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

If you are still worried about joyrides you can take a picture of your mileage the picture will be timestamped.

8. Likes RamIt, Cweaver, watersupply189 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 03 unicorn View Post
    If you are still worried about joyrides you can take a picture of your mileage the picture will be timestamped.
    woman-hand-point-up-27117196.jpg

Also a solid option

10. Likes 03 unicorn, watersupply189 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

Yea the miles I’m not as worried about as someone taking it “to lunch” and dogging the piss out of it if that makes sense

12. Likes 03 unicorn, watersupply189 liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #17

User Info Menu

Yea the miles I’m not as worried about as someone taking it “to lunch” and dogging the piss out of it if that makes sense

thats why dealerships carry insurance though. if someone grenades your truck while its in the shops possession, thats not on you.

14. Likes watersupply189, Cweaver liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #18

User Info Menu

I get it but just to program the lights in your mirrors should not go up more than a few tenths of a mile just to get it in and out of their shop. I would not want anybody taking mine out and dogging on it either.

16. Likes RamIt, watersupply189 liked this post
  17. Top Of Page | #19

User Info Menu

I get it but just to program the lights in your mirrors should not go up more than a few tenths of a mile just to get it in and out of their shop. I would not want anybody taking mine out and dogging on it either.
    Yea your right I wish that one company that sells the foldable mirror upgrade would just sell the little obd2 genie itself that reprograms the truck for the turn signals and all LOL

18. Likes 03 unicorn, watersupply189 liked this post
  19. Top Of Page | #20

User Info Menu

Anyone had any luck getting the turn signals and puddle lights to work other then going to the stealership if you truck didn’t come with them. 2016 ram 2500

Another option you could do is add the floor lamps - wiring Harness is taped up under the steering wheel area and glove box then tap into that and wire lights on truck. the lights will kick on and off with the dome lamp. Kits are cheap for Mopar ($25 or so)

i recently swapped mirrors and lost my puddle light which I missed. I have the amp steps which I did not like the lights for so ram led strips under the body for lights. And tapped into the footwell lighting so they illuminate with the dome lights for locking/unlocking

2013 Ram 2500
    John 3:16 - Philippians 4:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

20. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189 liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12