Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wiring??

1. Top Of Page | #11
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

I've got everything ran and hooked up just need to find out what wire is ignition wire and need to hook the lights up
    Lmao took me a week to do my stereo cause I hate electrical with a passion

2. Top Of Page | #12
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TrophyChick View Post
    Tried that. They don't have anything useful on autometer.
    YouTube and diesel manor still are good sources. Are they mechanical or electronic? Mechanical is pretty much just wiring up the lights for the gauges LOL. If they are electronic you'll need to do the sending units and lights.

Either way, you just need a diagram to know which color wire is which, then most on line instructions will be pretty straight forward from there

3. Top Of Page | #13
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BIG COUNTRY View Post
    Boost EGT and trans....
    I just don't know what wires are what in the dash and I wanna hook them to the dimmer cause dash has leds and at night its stupid bright and I wanna be able to dim the gauges as well...
    Pull the headlight switch and hook a test light to each wire till you find one that dims the light when you move the dimmer switch.

LEDs don't really dim well though...

4. Top Of Page | #14
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BIG COUNTRY View Post
    I've got everything ran and hooked up just need to find out what wire is ignition wire and need to hook the lights up
    Lmao took me a week to do my stereo cause I hate electrical with a passion
    Once again, test wires with a test light till you find one that is off when the key is off, and turns the light on when the key is on. I used to be scared of wiring back in the day, but it's really straight forward for something like this

5. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

If this helps I used a fuse tap to get the power and taped into the dimmer switch on my 06 it was the orange wire. I don't know what year truck your working on.

6. Top Of Page | #16
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Hmmmm.... well that's the thing we don't have a diagram an the owner before us did some work so its a huge mess an we don't know whats been done. So it's pretty much a guessing game. But I"ll relay what ya'll gave me to the big man... thanks guys... if you'll have anymore thoughts let me know...

7. Top Of Page | #17

8. Top Of Page | #18
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

you're awesome!

9. Top Of Page | #19

User Info Menu

good job Chris

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

10. Likes TrophyChick liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #20
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Polaraco View Post
    good job Chris
    I figure I need to make a useful post once every 330 posts or so haha

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12