Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  2

Thread: Tranny issues

1. Top Of Page | #1

Tranny issues

I have a 2016 ram 2500. Just did full delete and program. Now im getting improper 5th and 6th gear ratio dtc. Anyone know what it means

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Tranny issues

LOL at your post title.

Anyways, according to other internet resources. Those codes are generally the predecessor to transmission failure.
    Check fluid quality and start there.

Out of curiosity, you said you just did the delete & tune...how many miles ago and how have you been driving the truck? Also how many miles on the truck.

3. Likes david3gen liked this post
  4. Top Of Page | #3

I have 78,000 total miles on truck. I have put about 150 miles on it since delete and tune. Anarchy tunes with mm3

5. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bigcountry469 View Post
    I have 78,000 total miles on truck. I have put about 150 miles on it since delete and tune. Anarchy tunes with mm3
    Ok. So how have you driven it? What did you do for transmission relearn?

6. Top Of Page | #5

I followed the instructions and still doing them. It said to drive at least 30 miles using no more than 40% throttle. Im still not going over that percentage. I been driving like my 78 year old grandmother.

7. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bigcountry469 View Post
    I followed the instructions and still doing them. It said to drive at least 30 miles using no more than 40% throttle. Im still not going over that percentage. I been driving like my 78 year old grandmother.
    Gotcha. Yeah the first 30 miles are for CVI relearn & require stop and go traffic. But there is still a 200 mile relearn period after that.

I strongly recommend the RevMax relearn guidelines regardless of having a RevMax transmission or not.
    https://revmaxconverters.com/wp-cont...ons_revE-1.pdf

I would also strongly recommend doing a fluid quality check because everything you're bringing up sounds like burned OD clutches.

8. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Agreed and keep it under 30% and make sure you go from 1st to 6th over and over and over and over and use the lowest tune level. Here is some screen shots from revmaxScreenshot_20190523-190452_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20190523-190500_Chrome.jpg

9. Thanks RamIt thanked for this post
    Likes RamIt liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Keep us posted with relearn progress. I personally don’t think it should give you errors even during relearn. Although I’m not a 68RFE guru I would think there are parameters that are set by the tuner and as long as the trans is within those specs there would not be any error codes.

with that being said I’ve heard of way stranger things happening

2013 Ram 2500
    John 3:16 - Philippians 4:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com