Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  10

Thread: 2018 6.7 6 speed mm3 tuning issues possibly

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

2018 6.7 6 speed mm3 tuning issues possibly

Bought complete delete kit from t&k performance with throttle valve delete CCV exhaust egr....

Had an issue with blue smoke on decel in lower gears like 2nd to 4th area at low speeds, he sent me another set of tunes didn't fix problem and now I have a bump/hiccup while driving normal or under load not all the time but definitely happens ever time I drive it, hard easy slow in throttle or just cruising, is this just a tuning issue or something else I should look at, truck has 8k miles so I wouldn't think something on my end unless I need to plug in or unplug something else everything is deleted

2. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: 2018 6.7 6 speed mm3 tuning issues possibly

Pull the intake apart and check for signs of oil; dont forget to check the turbo.

When you say hiccup, are you implying that during roll-on throttle the truck stutters?

Out of curiosity, what HP tune are you running?

4. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

I don't have a problem writing this guy off and buying new tunes I just wanna make sure this is issue before I spend the money to make it right

6. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Yes roll on throttle truck stutters could be easy or to floor, rail pressure looks fine, 60hp tune

8. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

And I haven't seen smoke lately if I had to guess happens in colder months, the stutter is the part that is annoying

10. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

The smoke could be bypass oil, unless its heavy and persistent, I wouldn't be super concerned with that.

I had a bunch of issues with a 60hp tune in my truck, the rail pressure would spike to almost 30k and cause a lot of bogging and stuttering. Switching to a 120hp tune fixed all of my driveability issues.

Since you have a MM3, I would suggest logging Throttle Position, Boost, Rail Pressure, Injector Duty Cycle, and TQ Lock Up. Post the results here and lets see what the community can figure out.

12. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

I have a 6 speed stock clutch that's why I was staying at 60 or 30 hp both do it, if i step up anymore clutch will slip, I'll log everything though

14. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Aaronn View Post
    Bought complete delete kit from t&k performance with throttle valve delete CCV exhaust egr....

Had an issue with blue smoke on decel in lower gears like 2nd to 4th area at low speeds, he sent me another set of tunes didn't fix problem and now I have a bump/hiccup while driving normal or under load not all the time but definitely happens ever time I drive it, hard easy slow in throttle or just cruising, is this just a tuning issue or something else I should look at, truck has 8k miles so I wouldn't think something on my end unless I need to plug in or unplug something else everything is deleted
    Welcome friend!!

2016 Ram Laramie 3500, G56, 6.7, MM3 by Double R Diesel, Rough Country Leveling, 35x12.50 Nitto G2, HID headlights and fogs plus many many other add ons.....

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab ,G56

16. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Aaronn View Post
    I have a 6 speed stock clutch that's why I was staying at 60 or 30 hp both do it, if i step up anymore clutch will slip, I'll log everything though
    oooooo you're a G56 guy, that changes a lot.

The stock clutch doesn't do well over stock power, I'm wondering if you're getting slip anyways.

Log RPM, Boost, Rail Pressure, Inj. Duty Cycle, and Transmission Output Speed

5th gear is direct drive. So get up to 5th and begin a log and do a few pulls.

17. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  18. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Will do thank you

19. Likes RamIt, watersupply189 liked this post