Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  8

Thread: MM3 Monitors when towing

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

MM3 Monitors when towing

What are you guys setting your monitors to when towing?/ what numbers do you like to see. I’ve got a long road trip towing the TT coming up and I would like to keep a good eye on everything going through the mountains. I’ve been monitoring EGT, gear indicator, torque %, boost and trans temp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2016 Ram 2500 Outdoorsman 4x4 Crewcab Longbed / DRD Spark plugs / 4.10 Gears / 6” BDS 4 lift/ Fox Shox 2.0 / BDS dual Steering Stabilizer / 37x12.5x20 Falken wildpeak AT / 40" Curved LED Light Bar

2. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: MM3 Monitors when towing

I don’t have the MM3 yet, but I do bring one of those laser thermometers with me and shoot hubs, tires and rear differential during stops. It could alert you to problems hopefully before damage is done. Most breakdowns I’ve seen are tire or bearing/hub failure.

4. Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Buckwild View Post
    What are you guys setting your monitors to when towing?/ what numbers do you like to see. I’ve got a long road trip towing the TT coming up and I would like to keep a good eye on everything going through the mountains. I’ve been monitoring EGT, gear indicator, torque %, boost and trans temp.

EGT, Gear Indicator, Trans Temp, Engine Coolant Temp, Boost, Fuel Pressure for sure. Like stated above, that is definitely not a bad idea to have for sure.

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

6. Likes watersupply189, RamHunter18 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dude's Diesel Performance View Post
    EGT, Gear Indicator, Trans Temp, Engine Coolant Temp, Boost, Fuel Pressure for sure. Like stated above, that is definitely not a bad idea to have for sure.
    Any alarms set? Also what would you consider high EGT when towing

2016 Ram 2500 Outdoorsman 4x4 Crewcab Longbed / DRD Spark plugs / 4.10 Gears / 6” BDS 4 lift/ Fox Shox 2.0 / BDS dual Steering Stabilizer / 37x12.5x20 Falken wildpeak AT / 40" Curved LED Light Bar

8. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Do you have a egt probe in the manifold? If so 1250 or less all day and few seconds or so over won't be a issue either

10. Likes watersupply189 liked this post