Thanks Thanks:  18
Likes Likes:  25
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 2018 Aisin Hard Shifts

1. Top Of Page | #21

User Info Menu

Re: 2018 Aisin Hard Shifts

On the 2018 and up trucks there is no trace of flashing the ECM.

The Cummins Whisperer! John 3:16, Romans 10:9-10...Tuning for the Heart and Soul.

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, RamHunter18, RamIt, PaulG thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, RamIt, PaulG liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #22

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Double R Diesel View Post
    On the 2018 and up trucks there is no trace of flashing the ECM.
    Must be some serious wizardry going on! Guess I should have waited one more year!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2017 Laramie Schlonghorn 2500, 4" coil spring, tubular radius arm Superlift, Sota REPR 20x10 -19 offset wheels, 35x13.50 Toyo Open Country R/T tires.. RaceME MM3 tuning by Double R Diesel, 5" Flo-Pro TBE no muffler, HPP EGR delete, GDP Mega-Flo Billet Throttle Valve Delete Airaid dry filter w/smooth inlet tube
    1974 Plymouth Roadrunner, 440ci R3 Siamese bore small block (700hp) Faceplated TKO 600 5 speed, Dana 60 with 4.56 gears
    1979 Lil Red Express (Currently doing a 12 valve Cummins swap)

4. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, DRD thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, DRD liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #23

Just an update.
    Truck and I were at the dealership most of the day Friday. We were not able to force a relearn and the problem is still there. Took the tech for a ride and he couldn’t believe how harsh the 2-3 shift was. Said he has never felt something that bad before. He was on the phone a few times with an engineer, we are supposed to have something to load next week. Truck goes back Thursday.

I have also been in contact with DRD. He has been nothing but a HUGE help! If we don’t get some results with the programming from the factory on Thursday, we are going to try a little different tune he sent me.

I did try sending the stock tune back to the ECM and then back to the DRD tunes. I did not see any changes with the shifting. I did however have a check engine light on the dash. MM3 showed no DTS? I turned the truck on and off a few times and drove it with the light on for about 20 miles and the light stayed on. I decided to load the DRD tune file again, and the engine light went away.

As as much as I hate to say it....I think there is probably a hard part issue in the transmission.

6. Thanks DRD, Clutch thanked for this post
    Likes DRD, Clutch liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #24

User Info Menu

I have a 2016 3500 DRW with the Aisin and had a squirrel chew the wires on top of the trans. It would slam into drive or reverse super hard. Plus it would not shift out of first gear. You may want to have a look at the wires on top of the trans just to make sure none are damaged. The dealer was thinking it was the valve body but when the tech started to get things pulled apart he noticed the wires were damaged. They are not easy to see too by the way.

8. Top Of Page | #25

Update
    Three hours at the dealership this morning. Long story short, everyone has agreed there is definitely something wrong internally. The one thing that the factory engineer is having a hard time with is that there are not codes being shown. They want to pull the transmission out next week and disassembled for inspection. I’m having a hard time spending one dime on the stock transmission. I’m thinking a Revmax would be money well spent? If my bill at the dealership hits 4K, I’m already half way into a built transmission.....and I would still have a completely stock unit.

9. Top Of Page | #26

User Info Menu

Man, that is a lot of money for a repair. I would hope they would warranty this for you. But if not, I might want to upgrade it as well.

10. Top Of Page | #27

I’m just throwing my hands in the air now.
    Its just my luck!!! I have had nothing but issues with the last three trucks I have purchased.

2014 Ram 3500 diesel - 7 recalls and 6 check engine lights (emissions issues) before I traded it in because it seemed like it was back at the shop every other month. Under 23,000 miles

2016 Chevy 3500 diesel - Oil pan gasket leaking oil everywhere the first year. The second year the cab would flood during hard rains. I let the dealership try to repair that three times before I got sick of it and sent that truck down the road. Under 26,000 miles

Now this truck - Transmission issues and three open recalls with under 6,100 miles

As much as I hate to say it. The most reliable truck I have ever owned was a 2003 7.3 diesel Ford. I had 360k on her when I sold it. I just don’t want anything to do with there new diesels!

11. Likes Clutch liked this post
  12. Top Of Page | #28

User Info Menu

The aisin transmission is supposed to be good. I think that if you have something wrong already (at 5k miles)your dealership should do an honest assessment to see if it is something that could be defective from factory. You should definitely let them know your not satisfied.
    I had issues to settle with mine as well. They told me, “they all do that, it’s normal”. I couldn’t accept that. I went to see the local expert and got consulted. He told me,” I can’t touch it while it’s under warranty. But have them reflash as new transmission”, and it solved my flare problem. I’m sure this wouldn’t work for you but maybe there’s another solution. My dealer said the next step would be to replace the valve body.
    It just sucks you have such a large investment and need an out of pocket repair already.

13. Top Of Page | #29

I’m seriously thinking about going with the Revmax option. I have been under the truck tonight planning it out. The only good thing about this is everything is spotless under there with only 6k miles. Does anyone know how to get at the torque converter bolts? There is a very small inspection plate on the bottom of the bell housing, but you cannot get at them from there. Maybe you can get at them if you remove the starter??

14. Top Of Page | #30

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sscombustion View Post
    I’m seriously thinking about going with the Revmax option. I have been under the truck tonight planning it out. The only good thing about this is everything is spotless under there with only 6k miles. Does anyone know how to get at the torque converter bolts? There is a very small inspection plate on the bottom of the bell housing, but you cannot get at them from there. Maybe you can get at them if you remove the starter??
    There is a small access plate on the right side midway up on the flywheel housing to get to the converter bolts. I put a RevMax 550 in my 2017 when it only had 6000 miles. Been very happy with it.

2017 Laramie Schlonghorn 2500, 4" coil spring, tubular radius arm Superlift, Sota REPR 20x10 -19 offset wheels, 35x13.50 Toyo Open Country R/T tires.. RaceME MM3 tuning by Double R Diesel, 5" Flo-Pro TBE no muffler, HPP EGR delete, GDP Mega-Flo Billet Throttle Valve Delete Airaid dry filter w/smooth inlet tube
    1974 Plymouth Roadrunner, 440ci R3 Siamese bore small block (700hp) Faceplated TKO 600 5 speed, Dana 60 with 4.56 gears
    1979 Lil Red Express (Currently doing a 12 valve Cummins swap)

15. Likes Clutch liked this post
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast