Thanks Thanks:  18
Likes Likes:  25
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: 2018 Aisin Hard Shifts

1. Top Of Page | #31

Re: 2018 Aisin Hard Shifts

Thank you 74 Beeper!
    Ill take a look at that today. I was focused solely on the bell housing.

2. Likes 74Beeper liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #32

I’m very close to dropping the transmission. I just can’t seem to come up with the right tool combination to get the torque converter bolts out. There is not enough room up there to swing a ratchet. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! I am thinking a 1/2 drive right angle impact would possibly work?

4. Top Of Page | #33

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sscombustion View Post
    I’m very close to dropping the transmission. I just can’t seem to come up with the right tool combination to get the torque converter bolts out. There is not enough room up there to swing a ratchet. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! I am thinking a 1/2 drive right angle impact would possibly work?
    It’s slow going.... I used a 3/8 drive with a 3” extension.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2017 Laramie Schlonghorn 2500, 4" coil spring, tubular radius arm Superlift, Sota REPR 20x10 -19 offset wheels, 35x13.50 Toyo Open Country R/T tires.. RaceME MM3 tuning by Double R Diesel, 5" Flo-Pro TBE no muffler, HPP EGR delete, GDP Mega-Flo Billet Throttle Valve Delete Airaid dry filter w/smooth inlet tube
    1974 Plymouth Roadrunner, 440ci R3 Siamese bore small block (700hp) Faceplated TKO 600 5 speed, Dana 60 with 4.56 gears
    1979 Lil Red Express (Currently doing a 12 valve Cummins swap)

5. Top Of Page | #34

Well....I’m going to show my stupidity here, but I feel you all should know my problem is fixed.

I called Revmax (Great Great guys) last Monday to order my transmission. Speaking with them, I learned that the TCM would need to be set to Re Learn after the new tranny was installed. I told them that the dealership said there was not a new Re Flash to be installed. They said it’s called a Re Learn, and that I should check to see if that was done yet.

Turns out the dealership had not done that because I was asking for a Re-flash. I ended up putting everything back together and took her back in. They did the Relearn and she’s shifting like brand new.

I want to thank everyone for there help and input!!

6. Top Of Page | #35

User Info Menu

That has to be a huge relief to you. It’s amazing that that wasn’t looked at with all the troubleshooting that you went through. I’m glad everything worked out. I’ve been told that problems with these transmissions are very uncommon.

7. Top Of Page | #36

Thank you very much for this thread I’m having the exact same issue on my DRD tuned and deleted 2018 Aisin.

Looks like I’ll be heading in for a relearn.

8. Likes SyN liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #37

User Info Menu

I noticed the Aisin (mine’s a 2016) shifts way better on 120-150 tunes... don’t know why but the truck just feels like it’s “light on it’s feet” and I’m not pushing the pedal too much.. but overall shifts 100x smoother then ever before.

10. Likes SyN liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #38

User Info Menu

Just loaded a 120 hp tune into my 2019 3500 aisin truck. And wow, it feels good, no overly hard shifts, no flare shifts, just quick and smooth. Possibly the tcm relearn is better on these 19s. On my 13 it was ****, anything over a 60hp tune was nearly undriveable. This one ive only put a few hundred kms on tuned, but even at WOT it feels great. Huge improvement. As far as your 18 goes, id suggest a private tuner, the box tunes are dog **** in that department. Go to DRD tuning, or a good private guy. I got mine through optimal welding, and chances are he can smooth u out alot compared to a box tune.

12. Likes MRMAYHEM liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #39

User Info Menu

2018 Aisin Hard Shifts

I’m running box tunes only on my 16 and it’s literally perfect at 120-150.
    29deg,1900bar, quick spool.

Granted the non-Aisin folks can do good with lower duration tunes but the higher ones work best for us Aisin folks.

I get it everyone loves to talk about custom tuning but another $500-700 on a device that costs double, no thanks. Now if you’re competing or running compounds or bigger fuel system then it would make sense but then go put your truck on a dyno and get tuned. If not, I can’t drink the kool-aid that everyone’s been drinking... best example was the PPEI flavored LOL

I’ve seen Raceme step up and work out kinks more than people would assume.

The guy writing all the tunes for Raceme has been tuning Cummins since the late 90s if that makes it worth any weight.

14. Thanks CarlosRTech thanked for this post
  15. Top Of Page | #40

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sscombustion View Post
    Well....I’m going to show my stupidity here, but I feel you all should know my problem is fixed.

I called Revmax (Great Great guys) last Monday to order my transmission. Speaking with them, I learned that the TCM would need to be set to Re Learn after the new tranny was installed. I told them that the dealership said there was not a new Re Flash to be installed. They said it’s called a Re Learn, and that I should check to see if that was done yet.

Turns out the dealership had not done that because I was asking for a Re-flash. I ended up putting everything back together and took her back in. They did the Relearn and she’s shifting like brand new.

I want to thank everyone for there help and input!!
    Transmission still shifting good? My 2018 with 50K just started the poor shifting, I am thinking I will go to the dealer and have them set it to 're-learn'.

2018 Tradesman Long bed - 56K Miles - Aisin Transmission

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast