Thanks Thanks:  18
Likes Likes:  25
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Aisin Hard Shifts

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: 2018 Aisin Hard Shifts

Quote Originally Posted by RamHunter18 View Post
    Return it back to stock and have the dealer figure it out. 2018 with mm3 leaves no trace so unless you told them they won't know it was tuned
    Leaves no trace? Where did you hear that? When the dealer hooks up their computer to your truck, they can most definitely see it’s been tuned at one point. They would have to be looking for it, but they can see it if they want to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2017 Laramie Schlonghorn 2500, 4" coil spring, tubular radius arm Superlift, Sota REPR 20x10 -19 offset wheels, 35x13.50 Toyo Open Country R/T tires.. RaceME MM3 tuning by Double R Diesel, 5" Flo-Pro TBE no muffler, HPP EGR delete, GDP Mega-Flo Billet Throttle Valve Delete Airaid dry filter w/smooth inlet tube
    1974 Plymouth Roadrunner, 440ci R3 Siamese bore small block (700hp) Faceplated TKO 600 5 speed, Dana 60 with 4.56 gears
    1979 Lil Red Express (Currently doing a 12 valve Cummins swap)

2. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RamHunter18 View Post
    Return it back to stock and have the dealer figure it out. 2018 with mm3 leaves no trace so unless you told them they won't know it was tuned
    I would also like to know the source of this info....So the MM3 on 2018s does not add to the flash count and is undetectable???????

3. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

DRD. MM3 leaves no trace on the 2018 trucks

4. Top Of Page | #14

While I did keep everything that we took off, there is no way I’m putting it all back on.

I would sell her cheap before that.

The way I see it, there are three potential places for the problems I’m having. TCM issue, wiring issue, or something in the trans. Right now I’m waiting on one of two things to happen. Something actually breaks or the dealership gets some kind of answer from the engineer that was there.

The one part that I’m sure is going to fail first is the rear driveshaft carrier bearing. There is no way the isolator will hold up to the slamming that is going on.

5. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

Havre you tried reflashing the tune? Flash it back to stock and then reflash the tune. Make sure you have a charger on the battery while flashing. Then drive it easy. While the aisin is not tuneable I'm pretty sure the trans adaptive are reset. So you want to drive it easy and let it relearn

6. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

Havre you tried reflashing the tune? Flash it back to stock and then reflash the tune. Make sure you have a charger on the battery while flashing. Then drive it easy. While the aisin is not tuneable I'm pretty sure the trans adaptive are reset. So you want to drive it easy and let it relearn.
    Update from my tuner.....No sir it doesn't reset with the flash but it will learn/adapt to the new power for several mile's best bet is be easy on it for atleast 100 mile's.

7. Top Of Page | #17

Wouldn’t flashing back to stock cause the ECM to detect all the missing equipment and through codes? One of the instructions from DRD was to make sure you load the new tune before you delete. I definitely don’t want to put the ECM into a tail spin sending codes.

8. Top Of Page | #18

Correction......Throw codes

9. Likes RamHunter18 liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #19

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sscombustion View Post
    Wouldn’t flashing back to stock cause the ECM to detect all the missing equipment and through codes? One of the instructions from DRD was to make sure you load the new tune before you delete. I definitely don’t want to put the ECM into a tail spin sending codes.
    It will but you are not starting the truck with the stock tune. You just have to go back to stock so you can then go back to the custom tune. Its not gonna hurt anything.

The reason you tune 1st is to make sure you don't have a tuner issue and then render your truck useless until it's fixed.

11. Top Of Page | #20

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Champs 6.7 View Post
    I would also like to know the source of this info....So the MM3 on 2018s does not add to the flash count and is undetectable???????
    We both know it does leave a trace....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2017 Laramie Schlonghorn 2500, 4" coil spring, tubular radius arm Superlift, Sota REPR 20x10 -19 offset wheels, 35x13.50 Toyo Open Country R/T tires.. RaceME MM3 tuning by Double R Diesel, 5" Flo-Pro TBE no muffler, HPP EGR delete, GDP Mega-Flo Billet Throttle Valve Delete Airaid dry filter w/smooth inlet tube
    1974 Plymouth Roadrunner, 440ci R3 Siamese bore small block (700hp) Faceplated TKO 600 5 speed, Dana 60 with 4.56 gears
    1979 Lil Red Express (Currently doing a 12 valve Cummins swap)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast