Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Air coming out through intake

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Air coming out through intake

So on the way home from work I noticed my truck was making a weird howling sound. The sound would get louder as speed increased and it sounded like a had big MTs on the truck with some vibration. My tires are new alignment is solid, but the noise was like really loud tires.

When I got to the house I jumped out and gave everything a once over. I noticed that the air box had air coming out of it, and I could hear almost like an exhaust sound coming through the tube and resonating off the lid of the airbox.

I popped the top and held a piece of paper over top of the air filter. Sure enough it was blowing the paper up instead of sucking it down.

Trucks not over heating, still making boost, and no codes?

I honestly have no idea what it could be and evidently neither does the rest of the internet because I cant find anything on it.

I've read possibly the wheel hub, but I dont think the wheel hub would cause air to shoot out of my intake.

I've heard exhaust valve adjustment, and or dirty Turbo.

Any suggestions would be great. EGR delete, Turbo back exhaust with muffler, I run Lucas fuel treatment and fill up at the pilot truck stop across the street from work. Valvoline premium blue 15 - 40 oil..

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Air coming out through intake

On another forum, this issue was suggested to be the VGT being stuck partially closed.

However, I would explore all avenues of air flow including crankcase ventilation. Pull the intake apart and see if there are any obvious signs (i.e. oil residue) that may point to a location of the problem.