Thanks Thanks:  9
Likes Likes:  8
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 3rd Gen manifold on a 4th Gen 6.7...

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

3rd Gen manifold on a 4th Gen 6.7...

Alrighty, if this been asked about eleventeen thousand times already, just tell me to STFU and go away.
    But, I been weighin the pros and cons and all that kinda chit there. Anybody dunnit, like with this’n here?

https://www.mdcdiesel.com/product-p/6.7-s366-3g-t4.htm

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: 3rd Gen manifold on a 4th Gen 6.7...

Quote Originally Posted by BlackBart View Post
    Alrighty, if this been asked about eleventeen thousand times already, just tell me to STFU and go away.
    But, I been weighin the pros and cons and all that kinda chit there. Anybody dunnit, like with this’n here?

https://www.mdcdiesel.com/product-p/6.7-s366-3g-t4.htm

It will depend on your goals and how you use the truck to determine the best fit. The 300 platform will perform like stock spool up. The 400 platform is what people who have a little bit bigger power goals in mind but it will have slighly slower spool up.

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

3. Thanks BlackBart thanked for this post
    Likes cumminsdieselfreak liked this post
  4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Why not do a 2nd gen swap? Centrally mounted turbo will yield better performance and keep temps down across the board.

5. Thanks BlackBart thanked for this post
  6. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dude's Diesel Performance View Post
    It will depend on your goals and how you use the truck to determine the best fit. The 300 platform will perform like stock spool up. The 400 platform is what people who have a little bit bigger power goals in mind but it will have slighly slower spool up.
    Well, I just drive it. Ain’t tryin to race it, blow smoke, torch tires or any of that kinda silly **** there. That’s why when I git my tuner I’m only goin with an extra 30 hp to git ‘er back up to the 380 she’s rated for. Now, that may require handlin the dual mass flywheel problem, but that’s another story.

I just wanna git it as bulletproof as I can make it.

7. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RamIt View Post
    Why not do a 2nd gen swap? Centrally mounted turbo will yield better performance and keep temps down across the board.
    Alrighty. Lemme ask a coupla stupid questions about that.

Will a 2 gen manifold mate up to a 6.7 head? Will a decent turbo for a 6.7 bolt up to a 2 gen manifold?

Then ya got the exhaust. Could ya still git a good turbo-back kit for that setup.

I drive big trucks for a livin so I ain’t tryin to use none of that nasty flex pipe. I’ve seen how long that junk doesn’t last.

8. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Will a 2 gen manifold mate up to a 6.7 head? Will a decent turbo for a 6.7 bolt up to a 2 gen manifold?

Then ya got the exhaust. Could ya still git a good turbo-back kit for that setup.

I drive big trucks for a livin so I ain’t tryin to use none of that nasty flex pipe. I’ve seen how long that junk doesn’t last.

2nd Gen swaps are the cat's meow IMO if you're looking to ditch the factory VGT.

2018 Ram 2500 4x4 G56
    Romans 10:13

FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    joe@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

9. Thanks BlackBart thanked for this post
  10. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by cumminsdieselfreak View Post
    2nd Gen swaps are the cat's meow IMO if you're looking to ditch the factory VGT.
    Would probably still need a custom exhaust job complete with weldin and all that, wouldn’t it?

Sumthin else I just thought of. What about the pipe from the CAC to the turbo?

11. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Would probably still need a custom exhaust job complete with weldin and all that, wouldn’t it?

Sumthin else I just thought of. What about the pipe from the CAC to the turbo?
    You can buy kits with everything you need.

2018 Ram 2500 4x4 G56

FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    joe@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

12. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

As @cumminsdieselfreak mentioned, there are complete conversion kits available. The conversion is slightly more expensive than a 3rd gen swap, but the trade off is far more worth it. You'll have far more flexibility in turbo sizing and the 2nd gen swap just sounds better too.
    If you're going to invest the time and money, I'd do a 2nd gen over a 3rd anyday of the week.

13. Thanks cumminsdieselfreak, BlackBart thanked for this post
  14. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RamIt View Post
    As @cumminsdieselfreak mentioned, there are complete conversion kits available. The conversion is slightly more expensive than a 3rd gen swap, but the trade off is far more worth it. You'll have far more flexibility in turbo sizing and the 2nd gen swap just sounds better too.
    If you're going to invest the time and money, I'd do a 2nd gen over a 3rd anyday of the week.
    X2 on sound and versatility. Ahhh that sound...

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

2018 Ram 2500 4x4 G56

FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    joe@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

15. Thanks BlackBart thanked for this post
    Likes RamIt liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast