Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  11
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tuned and having shifting issues

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: Tuned and having shifting issues

Thanks for the update- the firm shift is likely the converter locking. If you have a race me unit or CTS2 you can monitor gear and lock up for piece of mind. When it’s locked feel free to get after it after relearn since this is when you are putting power to the wheelsFirm shifts will be dependent on throttle and load %

2013 Ram 2500
    John 3:16 - Philippians 4:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

2. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sss33 View Post
    A quick report back. Anarchy has been fantastic to deal with. Always answer the phone and patient with my 101 questions. They sent me a new trans tune that has elevated shift points. Seems to be very dependent on speed for the shift points. This is a different trans tune so its not apples to apples comparison. So far there has been a world of difference. Really not sure if the difference has been the tune or following the Revmax relearn procedure. I am about half way through their relearn procedure and it seems to be settling in a little more every day. Some of the shifts are a little firm at times but they assure me that this normal. I think I'm just paranoid that I'm killing the trans. The best part of the new tune is that it holds the gears a little longer on the way up, but down shifts at appropriate times on the way down keeping the truck from being in sixth gear all the way down to 10mph. So far so good. Im sure there are lots of good tuners out there, but Anarchy has been really good to deal with.
    Glad to hear! Meant to ask, what is your Main Line Pressure set at with your tune?

3. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

Not sure to be honest with you.

4. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sss33 View Post
    Not sure to be honest with you.
    68RFE should be running 180 max with the modified shift strategy. If your pressure is 165 or lower, thats no bueno.

Add Trans Pressure Actual to your dashboard and reset the max values and get up to highway speed; report back

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12