Thanks Thanks:  8
Likes Likes:  34
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: P026B

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

P026B

Thought I would share this information as it may help someone else. Purchased this truck new. A couple of years later I started getting random P026B codes (injector timing performance). I would receive this code a couple of times a year for the next two years. Each time I would return to my local dealership and they would tell me they see this code quite often, it was probably caused by the fuel and to try a different station. They would clear the code and tell me not to worry about it. After a while I would clear the code myself. Late last year RAM came out with a ECU update that among other things addressed the P026B issue. After receiving this update I started seeing the P026B code two to three times a month!! I finally returned to the dealership and they performed an injector return flow test. They found excessive return on all injectors and replaced them under warranty. Have not seen any codes since. My truck was stock all this time until my warranty ran out last week.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. MM3 tuned by Double R Diesel. Oil Bypass Filter, 50 Gallon auxiliary fuel tank.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: P026B

This is very useful information. If you don’t mind me asking, how much would this cost if not covered under warranty? It sounds expensive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch View Post
    This is very useful information. If you don’t mind me asking, how much would this cost if not covered under warranty? It sounds expensive.

Great question. I did ask the service advisor and he said around $10,000. I found that hard to believe but the again labor rates are high in Alaska. I also asked if the injectors were new and he said they were factory rebuilt.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

5. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

The local dealership also uses Cummins reman injectors. Out of pockets costs in upstate Ny are about 5-6k. A friend recently had them done to his 09’.

7. Thanks AK Bob thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Any advice on how to get the dealership to actually replace the injectors? I have a 2013 Ram 2500 and have been experiencing this code for the past few months. Originally they stated the ECM need an update which was covered under the Mopar extended warranty that I have minus $100 deductible. A few days latter code came back on. My truck sat at the local Dodge dealer for three more days and of course they wanted to replace my Fuel Filters for $389 even thou they were at 47% life remaining but could not further troubleshoot until they were replaced. As I expected it did not fix it so they created a Starink case with Ram which told them to use the Mopar fuel system cleaner. After spending $500 between the two visit my vehicle is once again back at the dealership with the P026B code.

9. Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

I would be persistent tell the service advisor you are not happy with their efforts so far. You are welcome to share my previous post and request they do an injector return flow test. If they are unwilling to work with you try a different dealership or perhaps a letter to Chrysler. I would think your extended warranty minus the deductible would cover you. Keep us informed on your progress.

11. Likes Clutch, watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  12. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Will do. It's currently sitting there waiting for them to get to it. I will reach out to them and see what they have done if anything tomorrow. I will be taking it elsewhere if the issues is still present after this trip or if they drag their feet much longer. Trying to avoid dropping another $100 on a deductible at a different dealership as they are counting this towards the existing one I paid however I just want it fixed. I appreciate you posting this as all other forums I have seen for this code refers to the rear fuel heater which makes no sense or fuel jelling.

13. Thanks AK Bob thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  14. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rcleeper View Post
    Will do. It's currently sitting there waiting for them to get to it. I will reach out to them and see what they have done if anything tomorrow. I will be taking it elsewhere if the issues is still present after this trip or if they drag their feet much longer. Trying to avoid dropping another $100 on a deductible at a different dealership as they are counting this towards the existing one I paid however I just want it fixed. I appreciate you posting this as all other forums I have seen for this code refers to the rear fuel heater which makes no sense or fuel jelling.
    Sounds like you are on the right track. I am sure there could be other issues that may cause this code, but on mine the excessive return flow and injector replacement did the trick. Have not seen this code or any other since. The dealership needs to do any testing necessary to fix this issue for you. Thanks for the update.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. MM3 tuned by Double R Diesel. Oil Bypass Filter, 50 Gallon auxiliary fuel tank.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

15. Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  16. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

So here is an update. I picked the truck up this past Friday after they replaced the #1 injector. This go around they managed to pull codes P026B and P020A (Cylinder 1 injection timing). I had high hopes that it was good to go this time, however after driving it 100 miles the CEL came back on Sunday. I pulled the codes when I got home Sunday night and it had an active P026B and inactive U1449 (IMPLAUSIBLE ERS MESSAGE RECEIVED). I took it back yesterday morning and the codes switched so U1449 was now active and P026B was inactive. I talked with the shop foreman and service manager and they apparently had previously discussed between the two of them replacing all injectors however Mopar would blame it on contaminated fuel and stick me with the bill. They cleared the codes so they can see what populates between now and Wednesday as they believe there are two separate issues since U1449 populated. I explained to them I think its one issues due to the various codes that have populated and that P026B is the only one that has populated every time I'm thinking ECM or a short in the wiring. The good news to help my argument is lights back on with only P026B and P020A.

17. Likes AK Bob, watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  18. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AK Bob View Post
    I would be persistent tell the service advisor you are not happy with their efforts so far. You are welcome to share my previous post and request they do an injector return flow test. If they are unwilling to work with you try a different dealership or perhaps a letter to Chrysler. I would think your extended warranty minus the deductible would cover you. Keep us informed on your progress.

Most of those service writers and even managers don't know their butt from their elbow. They're like AOC. Dumb as door posts and baffles everyone with BS.

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

19. Likes AK Bob, watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast