Thanks Thanks:  8
Likes Likes:  34
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: P026B

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: P026B

Quote Originally Posted by Rcleeper View Post
    So here is an update. I picked the truck up this past Friday after they replaced the #1 injector. This go around they managed to pull codes P026B and P020A (Cylinder 1 injection timing). I had high hopes that it was good to go this time, however after driving it 100 miles the CEL came back on Sunday. I pulled the codes when I got home Sunday night and it had an active P026B and inactive U1449 (IMPLAUSIBLE ERS MESSAGE RECEIVED). I took it back yesterday morning and the codes switched so U1449 was now active and P026B was inactive. I talked with the shop foreman and service manager and they apparently had previously discussed between the two of them replacing all injectors however Mopar would blame it on contaminated fuel and stick me with the bill. They cleared the codes so they can see what populates between now and Wednesday as they believe there are two separate issues since U1449 populated. I explained to them I think its one issues due to the various codes that have populated and that P026B is the only one that has populated every time I'm thinking ECM or a short in the wiring. The good news to help my argument is lights back on with only P026B and P020A.
    Well sounds like you are making progress and going in the proper direction. Naturally I am still thinking one down five to go. Not sure about the other codes but we will see. Keep after them and update us as they proceed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

2. Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

I don’t understand how they can try and use contaminated fuel as an out. You have factory filtration that is supposed to meet/exceed the injector needs to keep happy while in warranty period.

It sounds like this was even after a new filter that didn’t really need to be replaced.

2013 Ram 2500
    John 3:16 - Philippians 4:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

4. Thanks Polaraco thanked for this post
    Likes AK Bob, watersupply189, Polaraco liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TexNeck View Post
    I don’t understand how they can try and use contaminated fuel as an out. You have factory filtration that is supposed to meet/exceed the injector needs to keep happy while in warranty period.

It sounds like this was even after a new filter that didn’t really need to be replaced.
    If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with BS. LIke AOC does

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

6. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

Finally picked my truck up last night after it spending the last 10 days in the shop. They reopened the Star case and were told to replace the remaining 5 injectors. According to the senior mechanic he did observe rust around the crossover tubes for injector 5 and 6 indicating water at one point or another. I haven't had a chance to really drive it and see if this fixed it or not yet. I am skeptical still due to the other various codes I was randomly get like U1449 but worst case I have 6 new injectors on a 92k mile truck with no cost to me. Long story short the shop had terrible communication between themselves which resulted in them replacing the injectors without first gaining approval from my Mopar warranty and/or myself. Mopar warranty sent an inspector out to verify the issues on Friday (after repairs were already made) so they can decide if they will approve/disapprove the repair but they acknowledge the screw up and are willing to eat the bill it if it gets denied. End of day 6 new injectors and a final invoice with a $0 balance due is all I am worried about. Hopefully I don't see the CEL for a long time.

8. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, walla2k5, AK Bob, Power247 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

Great, congratulations! I am betting you won’t see the P026B code now.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. MM3 tuned by Double R Diesel. Oil Bypass Filter, 50 Gallon auxiliary fuel tank.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

10. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12