Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  2

Thread: Unusual RPMs

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Unusual RPMs

So the story, my 06 with auto transmission is running odd. Will only do when over 50mph but when driving and let off acelorator the truck will sit at 1500rpms even while braking and will finally drop to 750rpms after the truck dips below 35mph. Also had it stick at 1500rpms and when I went to pass someone giving it gas the truck responded as normal but rpms did not change until I slowed to under 35 just at at 1500rpms. When it does drop it feels like it finally came out of gear and slows. Didn't do it every time but starting to get more frequent. Transmission was done 50k ago "previous owner and didn't replace torque converter" I replaced the torque converter 4k ago when it failed.

2. Likes david3gen liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Unusual RPMs

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch Van Epps View Post
    So the story, my 06 with auto transmission is running odd. Will only do when over 50mph but when driving and let off acelorator the truck will sit at 1500rpms even while braking and will finally drop to 750rpms after the truck dips below 35mph. Also had it stick at 1500rpms and when I went to pass someone giving it gas the truck responded as normal but rpms did not change until I slowed to under 35 just at at 1500rpms. When it does drop it feels like it finally came out of gear and slows. Didn't do it every time but starting to get more frequent. Transmission was done 50k ago "previous owner and didn't replace torque converter" I replaced the torque converter 4k ago when it failed.
    From the sounds of it you may need a new solenoid which are relatively cheap and easy to replace once pan is dropped. Get the Borg aftermarket one. The transducers are known to have issues from the factory so they will not engage overdrive or just be very sloppy not knowing what gear it should be in

2013 Ram 2500
    John 3:16 - Philippians 4:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

4. Thanks david3gen, Mitch Van Epps thanked for this post
    Likes david3gen liked this post