Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Fuel pressure woes

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Fuel pressure woes

Good morning all, This morning on my way to work I was watching my fuel psi on my cts2 monitor. I do not have a programmer. At idle with my foot on the brake I read around 5.2-5.3k psi and at wot the most I’ve witnessed is 17k. This seems low to me and I want to know if it’s something I should be worried about. I have no idea if/when the injectors were changed. My truck is a 2003 non ho 5.9l 47re 3500 4x4. My truck does have the lope at idle every now and then when warming up. The fuel filter was changed 2000 miles ago. Truck has 319k on it, was bought with 310k on it back in December. Thanks in advance for any and all input.

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Fuel pressure woes

Quote Originally Posted by Jrollings View Post
    Good morning all, This morning on my way to work I was watching my fuel psi on my cts2 monitor. I do not have a programmer. At idle with my foot on the brake I read around 5.2-5.3k psi and at wot the most I’ve witnessed is 17k. This seems low to me and I want to know if it’s something I should be worried about. I have no idea if/when the injectors were changed. My truck is a 2003 non ho 5.9l 47re 3500 4x4. My truck does have the lope at idle every now and then when warming up. The fuel filter was changed 2000 miles ago. Truck has 319k on it, was bought with 310k on it back in December. Thanks in advance for any and all input.
    Idle sounds about right. Every truck will vary a little bit. Is the 17k at wide open throttle or just the most you have ever seen?

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

3. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dude's Diesel Performance View Post
    Idle sounds about right. Every truck will vary a little bit. Is the 17k at wide open throttle or just the most you have ever seen?
    Thank you the response. 17k was WOT this morning on my way to work but I will double check it this evening on my way to pick the kids up after work.

4. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Thank you the response. 17k was WOT this morning on my way to work but I will double check it this evening on my way to pick the kids up after work.

Yes sir your very welcome and it may be closer to 10k is what is normal on those trucks while idling. It's been awhile LOL! At wide open throttle you should be in the 20k range normally. With that amount of mileage and the pressures you are describing it does sound like it is getting weaker but id say it's gotten its money worth for sure!

FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

5. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Yes sir your very welcome and it may be closer to 10k is what is normal on those trucks while idling. It's been awhile LOL! At wide open throttle you should be in the 20k range normally. With that amount of mileage and the pressures you are describing it does sound like it is getting weaker but id say it's gotten its money worth for sure!

Weaker as in injectors, CP3 or both? I will definitely check your website out. Thanks again.

6. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

It could be as simple as the lift pump and not the CP3. You will have to get them tested or start replacing the cheapest items first. More then likely it's the lift pump. Some shops have the capability of testing to see what is the issue.

FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

7. Thanks Jrollings thanked for this post
  8. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

It could be as simple as the lift pump and not the CP3. You will have to get them tested or start replacing the cheapest items first. More then likely it's the lift pump. Some shops have the capability of testing to see what is the issue.
    well I saw 22k at wot leaving work today so maybe I got worried for no reason. Darn truck still lopes at idle tho ????*??

9. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

well I saw 22k at wot leaving work today so maybe I got worried for no reason. Darn truck still lopes at idle tho ????*??

That can be a number of things as well LOL down to dirty fuel system that a cleaner may be able to help or it could be a sensor needing to be cleaned. It is getting up there in fuel pressure so that is good, Im sure it's weaker then brand new of course but still good to run. My 06 surges every so often and i havent looked into it either LOL.

FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

10. Likes Jrollings liked this post