Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: P2201 #1 bank Nox sensor & U059f fault codes

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

P2201 #1 bank Nox sensor & U059f fault codes

Ok, so as the title indicates I currently have these codes on truck. Bad front bank nox sensor and the dealership says my rear bank nox sensor module is bad. I've decided to delete the truck, mm3 lite kit on order.

With that said, has anyone else on here experienced this and how long do you think I can get away with driving the truck before it goes into limp mode? I plan on at least deleting the exhaust as soon as it gets to me but I need to haul my toy hauler in a week regardless, is this an option or am I asking for trouble?

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: P2201 #1 bank Nox sensor & U059f fault codes

Hello, I've had the rear Nox sensor B with the same U059F code that has been bad for about 400miles now without any issues. I'm going to delete as well but the place I bought the truck from is offering to replace the sensor for free so I am going to get a new one first. I have noticed a increase of DEF usage though with the bad reading. It always smells like a pool, cant wait for the diesel smell!

3. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

I had the P2201 and put about 1,000 miles on before addressing it. No limp mode or countdown. I bought mine in Texas and the CEL came on right away and had to drive to Northern Michigan.

Last edited by GraveyBoat; 05-14-2019 at 07:21 AM. Reason: Incomplete thought
    2013 3500 SRW, Mm3, DRD Tunes, Kevlar Paint

4. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Thanks for the replies, makes me a little more comfortable with my situation.

5. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

I had the P2201 code pop up 3 times.. I would clear it and would come back on in about 40 miles... So i decided to order a 5-inch flow-pro TBE and flow-pro EGR delete kit from Ebay... The code has not come back on in over 250 miles of driving/towing....

I went in for recalls and a oil change at the dealer and they told me it would be around $1300 to replace the sensor.

they even said if i replaced it with my own part they would need to flash the truck so it recognizes the new sensor???????

I also bought 2 key fobs off amazon and had the dealer program both of them for 86$.

Now im trying to figure out what to do??? keep driving it and wait for the code to come back, RaceMe Ultra, or MM3?