Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Transmission service

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Transmission service

About time to do fluid change and filters on my 2016 2500. Any particular fluid brand to use or ones to stay away from?

Also I was thinking about changing out the pan and changing the thermal bypass valve while everything will be apart.

Recommendations on pans and bypass valve?

2016 2500 Big Horn Maximum Steel, fully deleted, mm3 by DRD, banks monster ram, s&b cold air intake, 4” MBRP, DRT Trans billet valve body, BD power trans pan, ats thermal bypass valve, shibby plugs, RC leveling kit, airlift 5000# air bags, 295/65-20 Nitto trail grapplers.

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Transmission service

Quote Originally Posted by Kajunbullet11 View Post
    About time to do fluid change and filters on my 2016 2500. Any particular fluid brand to use or ones to stay away from?

Also I was thinking about changing out the pan and changing the thermal bypass valve while everything will be apart.

Recommendations on pans and bypass valve?

Any good fluid will be fine in my opinion, Revmax or bd diesel pan is a good one.

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

3. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Not thinking the 2500's come with the Aisin transmission, but I just ordered Mobil ATF 3309 for mine It was stamped on the side of the transmission and a lot cheaper than the Mopar fluid. I found it at Summit for 4.99 a quart. However not an expert on 68RFE, and not sure if it uses the same type of fluid

4. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

I bought amsoil synthetic transmission fluid for the aisin. I believe their fluid may do both? It’s still not cheap though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rnkburg View Post
    Not thinking the 2500's come with the Aisin transmission, but I just ordered Mobil ATF 3309 for mine It was stamped on the side of the transmission and a lot cheaper than the Mopar fluid. I found it at Summit for 4.99 a quart. However not an expert on 68RFE, and not sure if it uses the same type of fluid
    The 68RFE takes atf+4 fluid, think it’s differnet than the aisin

2016 2500 Big Horn Maximum Steel, fully deleted, mm3 by DRD, banks monster ram, s&b cold air intake, 4” MBRP, DRT Trans billet valve body, BD power trans pan, ats thermal bypass valve, shibby plugs, RC leveling kit, airlift 5000# air bags, 295/65-20 Nitto trail grapplers.