Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  20
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Leveled on 37"

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Leveled on 37"

Wanted to post what i had to do to make this work. At the time i was doing my research there wasn't a lot of information out there.

So hopefully this will help those looking for a similar look.

2016 Ram 2500
    37x12.5x17 Toyo RT
    Method Mesh Mr306 17x8.5 +0mm offset

2.5" Carli Leveling Springs
    Carli Radius Arm Drop Brackets
    1" Carli Rear Coils
    1" Rough Country Rear Coil Spacer

I went with this suspension setup for a couple reasons but mostly to keep the nose down even when lightly loaded. The rear Carli coils were by far the best ride improvement I've done to date. Much softer ride but be ready for the additional squat if you load it up with anything. Picture posted at the bottom is loaded with the suspension components listed above (before the airlift airbags were added).

Here are a couple pictures of the suspension install and then I'll get into the wheels and trimming.

Rear Coil Comparison:

Front Coils and Radius arm drops going in:

Suspension Added Before Wheels and Tires:

After:

Now for the trimming. You can do this with the right offset and only cutting out some of the plastic fender liner but i didn't want that much fender liner missing and exposing the metal behind. So I pulled the front liners and ground back the pinch welds first. Then did a little trimming and bending with a heat gun to make the clearance but leaving most of the liner in place.

Metal Trimming:

Fender Liner Trimming:

With this setup I don't rub on anything. Tire clears fine on the front and back of the wheel well and does not hit the radius arm at all. I plan to put a set of 4.10s in it in about 2 weeks to get the RPMs back right. It doesn't see 6th gear very often except when i hit the interstate with these stock 3.42s.

And here's a picture just before the wheels and tires loaded with about 1800-2000lbs of mulch for the wife. I was hitting the bump stop on light bumps during the short ride home. Way to much squat for me.

Airlift 5000s installed with a 2" spacer:

2016 Ram 2500 Mega Cab - 68RFE - Carli 2.5" level coils - Carli radius arm drops - Carli 1" rear coils w/ RC 1" rear spacers - 17x8.5 0mm Method Mesh - 37x12.5r17 Toyo R/T - AAM 4.10 gears - Airlift 5000 bags - Airlift Wireless OBO - PacBrake Oil Filter Relocator

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Leveled on 37"

Looks AWESOME my friend! Great little write up as I've been pondering going to 37s with a level.

2018 Ram 2500 4x4 G56
    Romans 10:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    joe@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

3. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Truck looks awesome!! Thanks for taking the time to show how you got there!

Greg
    2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | MM3 tuned by Double R Diesel
    2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

5. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  6. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

@scs210 nice work friend!

for sharing with us!!

"The grass is greener where you water it"

7. Likes walla2k5, cumminsdieselfreak liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Nice write up, looks great.

2013 Ram 2500 Big Horn 4x4 G56 CCLB 6.7, MM3 Tuned by Double R Diesel, Flo-Pro 4" Exhaust, Deviant Race Parts Goodies, ARP Head Studs, South Bend Clutch, 3" Thuren Front Springs w/Fox Shocks All-Around, Hell-Bent Steel Steering Box Brace, Thuren Track Bar, Air-Lift 5000, Deviant Race Parts 70" Traction Bars, Falken Wild-Peak AT3W LT285/75R18 (34.8x11.3x18) on Moto Metal MO970 18x9 +18mm

9. Likes cumminsdieselfreak liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Yes awesome info, I just ordered those same spacers for my airbags and I wasn't sure it was going to work but you solved that for me.

16 cummins Laramie longhorn, ccsb, 35x12.5x20 xplora mts ,tis wheels,fully deleted, pusher add a turbo kit,stainless diesel 475 5blade turbo over 63mm VGT delete turbo,manton springs, manton valve bridges,manton pushrods,ARP 625 headstuds,steedspeed t4i manifold , S&S 80% over injectors, thuren rear trackbar, kingspeed billet valve cover, revmax valve body billet plate, CCV reroute, pusher intake horn, thuren 2in level with king 2.5 front and rear, sway bar kit ,track bar and king steering damper. Air bags from airlift. 4" exhaust, fass lift pump,MM3,DRD tunes.pusher coolant reroute.

11. Likes cumminsdieselfreak liked this post
  12. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bpbertolacini View Post
    Yes awesome info, I just ordered those same spacers for my airbags and I wasn't sure it was going to work but you solved that for me.
    Wasn't much to it and working fine so far. Only concern i have is when i replace the shocks. Right now i've pretty much got 2" of lift in the rear but still running the stock shocks which is limiting the down travel of the axle. I tested the droop with the wheels off after bolting everything together to make sure it wasn't going to over extend the airbags. It all looked good but it may be an issue when i put the proper length fox shocks on there. I'll probably get some of the DayStar cradles at that point.

2016 Ram 2500 Mega Cab - 68RFE - Carli 2.5" level coils - Carli radius arm drops - Carli 1" rear coils w/ RC 1" rear spacers - 17x8.5 0mm Method Mesh - 37x12.5r17 Toyo R/T - AAM 4.10 gears - Airlift 5000 bags - Airlift Wireless OBO - PacBrake Oil Filter Relocator

13. Likes cumminsdieselfreak liked this post
  14. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

16 cummins Laramie longhorn, ccsb, 35x12.5x20 xplora mts ,tis wheels,fully deleted, pusher add a turbo kit,stainless diesel 475 5blade turbo over 63mm VGT delete turbo,manton springs, manton valve bridges,manton pushrods,ARP 625 headstuds,steedspeed t4i manifold , S&S 80% over injectors, thuren rear trackbar, kingspeed billet valve cover, revmax valve body billet plate, CCV reroute, pusher intake horn, thuren 2in level with king 2.5 front and rear, sway bar kit ,track bar and king steering damper. Air bags from airlift. 4" exhaust, fass lift pump,MM3,DRD tunes.pusher coolant reroute.

15. Likes cumminsdieselfreak liked this post
  16. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

There are the king 2.5. The previous owner ran the locking plastic pucks but I dont really care for those. That's why I ordered the air lift metal spacers.

17. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Now that u mentioned those daystar cradles, I didnt know they had those. I would of definitely bought those instead of the spacer.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast