Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  20
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NOX senser B

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

NOX senser B

Hello all, I recently purchased a used 2015 ram 3500 DWR Laramie. All was going well until the CEL came on and gave me a code about the "b" nox sensor not right. The dealer said they would replace this at internal cost and when i got that quote i about fell over. My question is, they tell me when you do the back one, you have to do the front one.

The back one is around $300.00 and the front one is almost $1000 that's quite a bit of cash going out for two sensors. Is it a bad idea to change just the back one? Or are they stating the truth that I should do both? If i have to do both, i am thinking that is a hunk towards deleting. I wasn't really ready to go down that road just yet, but i don't have time for this truck to be down.

What is the average cost of deleting? Yes i want to keep a muffler, and yes tow heavy, hence why I wanted to stay stock as the truck tows great so far. I can pick up the back one and put it in, in about an hour I am seeing, so 2 hrs looking for the right tools etc LOL. l

Thanks in advance for any help.

2. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: NOX senser B

Do you have a tuner or system in mind yet?

"The grass is greener where you water it"

4. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

I do not, i haven't been really researching anything until I got this code and an initial cost of the sensors themselves.

My 12V is all parts, my Duramax I ran EFI Live and had it custom tuned to my specific needs, but truck was bone stock other than that.

In the past my brother was a beta tester for smarty back in the day and those guys were awesome, also used test products as well on his truck.

Between the two of us we are pretty good at the 5.9 engines, but this 6.7 and all this emmisions is all new to both of us. Our midset is that if this truck was under warranty, Chrysler would tell the dealer to just replace the back sense the front wasn't throwing a code.

I just don't want to run down that rabbit hole and cost myself and additional cash when it could be put on the delete kit.

6. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

We prefer the MM3 as that is what we use for our trucks friend.

8. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Regardless, vacations start soon, not to mention hay season, so I gotta have this thing right and ready for hauling... plus its just fun to drive LOL

10. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

I have seen the MM3 and notice that smarty uses that as well. I am just wondering what a ballpark figure would be for deleting.

I have seen some kits online that are around $1200-$1400 which includes the tuner and the delete pipe.

I know i would need a muffler as well as i can't see that any are offering that.

12. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

The pricing can start there, but make sure you get a good tuner with support.

That makes all the difference in the world.

14. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
  15. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

I have seen that almost everyone on here reccomends DRD, but evidently you have to be a lifetime member to chat with him?

16. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  17. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

I would hope you dont have to be a lifetime member just to talk to him. Only to purchase directly from him. What trans do you have? Figure 3 to 4 for a exhaust with muffler. 800 to 1000 for the tuner and then 500to 900 for tunes. If you know anyone with a mm3 or raceme you could use there's and buy a 2nd vin license for 150 then buy a single drd tune only and get your 20% disc with a lifetime membership. Tune it give the tuner back and enjoy for 1k or so

18. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  19. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Truck is an Aisin truck with 3.73 gears. I don't know anyone with the MM3 around here.

20. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast