Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  27
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Disposing of DEF

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Disposing of DEF

So, if someone were to delete the DEF DPF SCR and all that underneath the truck, what would said person do with the DEF fluid that was drained?

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Disposing of DEF

Quote Originally Posted by Ron60w View Post
    So, if someone were to delete the DEF DPF SCR and all that underneath the truck, what would said person do with the DEF fluid that was drained?
    The proper way is to drain it into a sealable container and drop it off at your county's household hazardous waste drop off site. That being said the toilet method might also work, considering it's synthetic piss after all.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

2014 RAM 2500, MM3 tuned by DRD, leveled with 35x12.50R18 Nitto Ridge Grapplers on 18x10 ATX wheels, Auxbeam LED's, factory air ride

3. Likes Rapidfire_70, REPUBLIC_OF_TEXAS liked this post
  4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

It's pure urea (nitrogen) and deionized water. Spray it on your lawn and watch the grass grow.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

2012 CCSB Saddle Brown Pearl... DRD tuned

5. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TH-64 View Post
    It's pure urea (nitrogen) and deionized water. Spray it on your lawn and watch the grass grow.

I wouldn't recommend this, synthetic urea is different than organic urea, there is an extra chemical attached to the organic version that makes it good for plants.

The def urea will kill any plant you put it on.

2014 RAM 2500, MM3 tuned by DRD, leveled with 35x12.50R18 Nitto Ridge Grapplers on 18x10 ATX wheels, Auxbeam LED's, factory air ride

6. Likes Power247, walla2k5, bajaben liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ipetrocco View Post
    I wouldn't recommend this, synthetic urea is different than organic urea, there is an extra chemical attached to the organic version that makes it good for plants.

The def urea will kill any plant you put it on.

Good to know. I posted that kinda jokingly, but thanks for straightening me out.

2012 CCSB Saddle Brown Pearl... DRD tuned

8. Likes Power247, RamHunter18, walla2k5 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #6

I've been deleted for almost a year and never drained the tank...wonder if it's still drainable or just a congealed mess now...

2006 Dodge Ram 2500 MCSB
    2016 Ram 2500 CCSB *SOLD*

10. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ViperCummins View Post
    I've been deleted for almost a year and never drained the tank...wonder if it's still drainable or just a congealed mess now...
    I just drained the tank but not the lines and am wondering the same thing...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. Likes cumminsdieselfreak liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #8
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

Flush with some water into a pan, properly dispose and done ...

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

14. Likes cumminsdieselfreak liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

36 years experience producing and distributing Urea products and many other nitrogen products.
    So I want to clarify the differences between DEF (Synthetic Urea) and Organic Urea.
    To answer the question requires context for the terms “Urea” and “organic” to avoid equivocation (Using an ambiguous term in more than one sense, thus making a statement misleading).

Starting with Urea:

u·re·a

yo?o?r??/

noun

BIOCHEMISTRY

1. A compound, CO(NH 2) 2, occurring in urine and other body fluids as a product of protein metabolism.

CHEMISTRY

1. A water-soluble powder form of this compound, obtained by the reaction of liquid ammonia and liquid carbon dioxide: used as a fertilizer and in animal feed.

Next Organic:

or·gan·ic

ôr??anik/

adjective

BIOCHEMISTRY

1. Relating to or derived from living matter; especially when of food or farming methods, produced or involving production without the use of chemical fertilizers, pesticides, or other artificial agents.

CHEMISTRY

1. Relating to or denoting compounds containing carbon.

BIOLOGY

1. Denoting a relation between elements of an ecosystem such that they fit together harmoniously as necessary parts of a whole.

So now that we defined the terms, the answer is:

Yes. Urea is organic.

However to avoid the equivocation logic fallacy, whenever we use the chemistry definition of either term, it must be paired with the chemistry definition of the other term.

If we use the biological or biochemistry meaning of organic, we must stick with the biochemistry meaning for Urea.

As long as you don’t mix and match context, the answer is always yes. But if you lose the context you risk being wrong.

So the DEF drained from your tank or 32.5% Urea fertilizer are the same. Urea is a great fertilizer with a nitrogen content of 46%. It will not kill plants when properly applied, applied to heavily it will burn the foliage of plants and grass.

16. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, TH-64 thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, Power247, TH-64, SyN liked this post
  17. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Just dump it in the yard. 'Merica

18. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, builttalast liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast