Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  4

Thread: SRW TO DRW

1. Top Of Page | #1

SRW TO DRW

Looking to swap my MegaCab from a srw to drw. Any input on weather to go with a conversion kit or swap axles?

2. Likes 4kids2dogs&RV liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: SRW TO DRW

Quote Originally Posted by Cbeasley View Post
    Looking to swap my MegaCab from a srw to drw. Any input on weather to go with a conversion kit or swap axles?

To do it properly would be axle swap but i have seen alot of folks use a conversion kit and be super happy.

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

4. Likes jman55, 4kids2dogs&RV liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

When i converted my 07 CCSB to a dually i went with a 3" spacer in the rear and was fine because i was running street tires and never pulled anything heavy. When i did my 11 CCSB i went with a axle just because i found one cheap and knew that i wanted to run bigger tires so i didnt want to run a 3" spacer to get me out to dually width then a 2" spacer between the wheels. Im about to take mine back to a dually but luckily i still have everything i need to convert back other than a bed. Wish i had never went back SRW.

6. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

I have a 16 3500 dually and I've been considering going with single wheel. I didn't know a spacer was necessary to bolt up dual wheels. I was hoping to just change the bed and bolt on singles. I know the front uses an extension that can be removed for singles.

7. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch View Post
    I have a 16 3500 dually and I've been considering going with single wheel. I didn't know a spacer was necessary to bolt up dual wheels. I was hoping to just change the bed and bolt on singles. I know the front uses an extension that can be removed for singles.

You could just bolt on singles but a dually axle is wider than a single wheel axle. You would have to run i think like 1-2" spacers in the front to match the rear. Cant remember off the top of my head.

8. Thanks Clutch thanked for this post
    Likes Clutch liked this post