Thanks Thanks:  29
Likes Likes:  57
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Exhaust Options

1. Top Of Page | #21

User Info Menu

Exhaust Options

Quote Originally Posted by DIESELWRKS View Post
    what really wakes them up and makes them mad is having a sound tune on. nothing like have a Turbine Jet sound pointed at some ones house. I had friend that had a big service truck, was a mobile welder. he would throw his welding coat over the exhaust tip on his truck every morning. said he didn't want to disturb momma or the babies
    12 valve tune at 4am is a solid touch as well LOL

2. Thanks Opie15 thanked for this post
    Likes Opie15 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #22

User Info Menu

Exhaust Options

Quote Originally Posted by Opie15 View Post
    Ok looking for opinions I'm thinking of staying with a 4" exhaust does anyone have a info as to whether or not the MBRP delete pipe kit with muffler is a decent set up also aluminum or stainless or does it matter fixing to be ordering some things to replace all these parts that are falling off my truck....

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    do you have any members from here close to you? any diesel shops by you. you can go on Youtube and hear some videos. to me a good alum system or delete is just fine. on all of my exhaust I have had on prior trucks. I would get the pieces and I would put a heat paint on them and then a heat rated clear coat. this made them really easy to keep clean and they still are alive and on those trucks 10+ years later. everyone has diff opinions on mufflers. I had really good results with a aeroturbine muffler, can get in a 4" and 5" with or w/our material to absorb sound. on my past2 trucks , egt and cool down time did not change going from a 5" straight to a 5" aeroturbine that was great but it did take out drone and soften sound

2017 WON TON CC LB 68AUTO
    Secret stuff that make it vroom and whistle better Thuren 2.25 w/2.0 Fox Resi

Justin
    Southern Oregon ( the Republican part)
    UNITEDSTATES MARINE CORPS 1993-2007
    No better friend, No better enemy.

4. Thanks Opie15 thanked for this post
    Likes Opie15 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #23

User Info Menu

Exhaust Options

Not really any shops around me I have been looking at a lot of videos on YouTube though with sound clips.I ended up doing a 4" mbrp delete pipe with muffler in stainless,only reason I didn't do aluminum is they were out and it was only 50$ more thank u for the tip on paint it,do you think it will buy me much though since its stainless? I know it will eventually rust as well just asking for opinion

6. Top Of Page | #24

User Info Menu

Exhaust Options

Quote Originally Posted by Opie15 View Post
    Not really any shops around me I have been looking at a lot of videos on YouTube though with sound clips.I ended up doing a 4" mbrp delete pipe with muffler in stainless,only reason I didn't do aluminum is they were out and it was only 50$ more thank u for the tip on paint it,do you think it will buy me much though since its stainless? I know it will eventually rust as well just asking for opinion

Since you chose stainless, it is a nonporous andreally durable surface but stainless will eventually rust. So if you live in a area with a lot of saltor anything abrasive that is put on the roads during winter months you arelikely going to be exposed to rust sooner as well as other areas under thetruck. Stainless you will need to prep thesurface to have good paint or coating to stick. If you want to coat it I would do somegoogling or go to a local paint shop that sells automotive paint.

2017 WON TON CC LB 68AUTO
    Secret stuff that make it vroom and whistle better Thuren 2.25 w/2.0 Fox Resi

Justin
    Southern Oregon ( the Republican part)
    UNITEDSTATES MARINE CORPS 1993-2007
    No better friend, No better enemy.

7. Thanks Opie15 thanked for this post
  8. Top Of Page | #25

User Info Menu

Exhaust Options

Quote Originally Posted by Dude's Diesel Performance View Post
    For drone inside the cab alot of people will place the muffler or resonator right after the downpipe.
    I may have to do that. I run the 4" Jamo w/muffler. The muffler is installed towards the rear and I get a drone at 65mph (1800ish rpm's). Didn't think about putting the muffler closet to the DP.

2006 2500 QC Laramie 5.9 (Sold in 2016). 2017 3500 DRW CC Laramie, Loaded. MM3 tuned by DRD. 4" SS by Jamo. 68REF, 4.10 Rears. (Sold). 2018 3500 DRW Longhorn CC AISIN 4.10's. On a good health care plan by DRD.

9. Likes Opie15 liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #26

User Info Menu

Exhaust Options

Quote Originally Posted by northstarfire0693 View Post
    I may have to do that. I run the 4" Jamo w/muffler. The muffler is installed towards the rear and I get a drone at 65mph (1800ish rpm's). Didn't think about putting the muffler closet to the DP.
    30” aero turbine right after down pipe will kill all drone- sound/tone still will come through fine. I’ve got this on mine. No rear can though. Even 18” will likely kill it the 30” is almost perfect as a delete pipe in itself

2013 Ram 2500
    John 3:16 - Philippians 4:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

11. Likes Cumminstrokethis, SyN liked this post
  12. Top Of Page | #27

User Info Menu

Exhaust Options

Hey Rapid Fire.

It's been a year since your post on FLO~PRO 1874 with muffler.

I am about to order one through DRD.

Wish to know how is the drone at higher speeds?

2016 2500 Cummins Outdoorsman 4X4 Bright White 68RFE 275/70/18 Cooper's Adventurer AT stock rims. All stock so far....

13. Top Of Page | #28

User Info Menu

Exhaust Options

Quote Originally Posted by captgpflorida View Post
    Hey Rapid Fire.

It's been a year since your post on FLO~PRO 1874 with muffler.

I am about to order one through DRD.

Wish to know how is the drone at higher speeds?
    Just incase @Rapidfire_70 doesn’t see this request. I

have been running the same 4” FLO~PRO 1874 with muffler for just over a year now.

Nice and quiet a little drone at 1800 RPM but none above or below.

Hope this helps.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, 50 Gallon auxiliary fuel tank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

14. Thanks SyN thanked for this post
    Likes SyN, timshooter40 liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #29

User Info Menu

Exhaust Options

AKA Bob,

Yes thanks for the reply. I was on the fence of ordering 4" Flow Pro with out muffler then add a 30" FTE resonator. Instead going with the muffler that is designed to work with the Flow Pro exhaust.
    My plan so far is the MM3 Lite Tuner with the 4" down pipe back FP Exhaust with muffler. Other members advise to use just the Race Pipe with my stock muffler.
    At 100K miles on stock muffler, I am sure there is a lot of soot build up in that muffler.

Can't wait to delete and tune and wake up my truck. Like you I wish to get into RVing and tow around Toy Hauler.
    Thanks again,
    Gp

2016 2500 Cummins Outdoorsman 4X4 Bright White 68RFE 275/70/18 Cooper's Adventurer AT stock rims. All stock so far....

16. Likes AK Bob, timshooter40, Lopie liked this post
  17. Top Of Page | #30

User Info Menu

Exhaust Options

Quote Originally Posted by captgpflorida View Post
    AKA Bob,

Yes thanks for the reply. I was on the fence of ordering 4" Flow Pro with out muffler then add a 30" FTE resonator. Instead going with the muffler that is designed to work with the Flow Pro exhaust.
    My plan so far is the MM3 Lite Tuner with the 4" down pipe back FP Exhaust with muffler. Other members advise to use just the Race Pipe with my stock muffler.
    At 100K miles on stock muffler, I am sure there is a lot of soot build up in that muffler.

Can't wait to delete and tune and wake up my truck. Like you I wish to get into RVing and tow around Toy Hauler.
    Thanks again,
    Gp
    Yes exactly what I did.

In my opinion 4” down pipe back with muffler is the way to go.

It makes for an easy install perfect fit without clearance issues.

I believe you will be very happy with it, and please keep us posted.

Remember to use the zero switch setting (30HP) when towing that Toy Hauler and I would highly recommend adding the EGT probe to keep an eye on your exhaust temperatures.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, 50 Gallon auxiliary fuel tank.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

18. Thanks timshooter40 thanked for this post
    Likes timshooter40, Lopie liked this post
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast