Thanks Thanks:  29
Likes Likes:  57
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Exhaust Options

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Exhaust Options

Just upgraded too platinum membership...can't wait to start ordering delete parts and install them on my truck

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, walla2k5 thanked for this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Exhaust Options

I just installed my JAMO 5" and it went in way easier than the stock junk came out LOL

Not a big fan of the band clamps they provide (seemed to leak no matter how tight or loose they were) so I decided to just order 4 5" lap joint clamps and swap them out as I have time.

I am very happy with the 5" with no muffler, but I also drove an 06' sierra 6.0 with flow master super 10's for 12 years so I do enjoy me some engine noise.

4. Thanks Opie15, JAFO thanked for this post
  5. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

Exhaust Options

I agree that a muffler is a must for you to make sure you don’t get the drone. Maybe listen to a few of the sound clips out there on the internet to see if you have a preference from the 4 or 5 inch. Sounds like you may have pulled the trigger on the 5 w/muffler... good choice!

6. Thanks Opie15 thanked for this post
    Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

Exhaust Options

I installed a Jamo 4” tbe with the shorter resonator and I have no drone even when towing, the Jamo fit good.

2014 2500 on Fuel rims, custom aluminum grill emblem, mm3 DRD tuned, 4” jamo tbe exhaust, led fog lights, steering box brace, took Vinyl off doors.

8. Thanks JAFO, Opie15 thanked for this post
    Likes Power247, walla2k5 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

Exhaust Options

Did Diamond Eye 4” SS with the flow through muffler. Muffler has zero back pressure & does 10db difference over straight pipe. Replaced the kit clamps with some good Stainless band ones from Napa & deleted the tail piece as I didn’t like how the geometry of it looked ( I’m a commercial electrician & have done alotta large pipe work ) so I did the axle dump & love it!! I also did the heat wrap on the down pipe, to the next piece just past the cab. Two weeks ago I upgraded my turbo & crossover boost tube, along with the air horn & couldn’t be happier! No “ tunes “ for my old girl, she’s a 1989 5.9 W250 with a 727 trans & 307 gears, THE 1st. Gen. ! I just turned 200,000 on her. I would post a pic. but it keeps saying it exceeds my quote??

10. Thanks Opie15 thanked for this post
    Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

Exhaust Options

I did delete pipes on mine since the OE exhaust is 4". Never really had an issue with drone and it wasn't obnoxiously loud. If I was going to do a full system, I'd go 5".

12. Thanks Opie15 thanked for this post
  13. Top Of Page | #17

User Info Menu

Exhaust Options

Quote Originally Posted by Joeyvco View Post
    Did Diamond Eye 4” SS with the flow through muffler. Muffler has zero back pressure & does 10db difference over straight pipe. Replaced the kit clamps with some good Stainless band ones from Napa & deleted the tail piece as I didn’t like how the geometry of it looked ( I’m a commercial electrician & have done alotta large pipe work ) so I did the axle dump & love it!! I also did the heat wrap on the down pipe, to the next piece just past the cab. Two weeks ago I upgraded my turbo & crossover boost tube, along with the air horn & couldn’t be happier! No “ tunes “ for my old girl, she’s a 1989 5.9 W250 with a 727 trans & 307 gears, THE 1st. Gen. ! I just turned 200,000 on her. I would post a pic. but it keeps saying it exceeds my quote??
    Good idea about the clamps I was wondering what kind the Jamo kit came with thanks

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

14. Top Of Page | #18

User Info Menu

Exhaust Options

I ordered a 5" TBE Fo-Pro with a Twister muffler...

Anyone have experience with this set up? I haven't ordered the tuner yet...

15. Top Of Page | #19

User Info Menu

Exhaust Options

Ok looking for opinions I'm thinking of staying with a 4" exhaust does anyone have a info as to whether or not the MBRP delete pipe kit with muffler is a decent set up also aluminum or stainless or does it matter fixing to be ordering some things to replace all these parts that are falling off my truck....

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

16. Top Of Page | #20

User Info Menu

Exhaust Options

Quote Originally Posted by Opie15 View Post
    I too was thinking of the 5" just don't want to wake up everybody in home when I leave in the morning...LOL
    what really wakes them up and makes them mad is having a sound tune on. nothing like have a Turbine Jet sound pointed at some ones house. I had friend that had a big service truck, was a mobile welder. he would throw his welding coat over the exhaust tip on his truck every morning. said he didn't want to disturb momma or the babies

2017 WON TON CC LB 68AUTO
    Secret stuff that make it vroom and whistle better Thuren 2.25 w/2.0 Fox Resi

Justin
    Southern Oregon ( the Republican part)
    UNITEDSTATES MARINE CORPS 1993-2007
    No better friend, No better enemy.

17. Thanks Opie15, Corkey thanked for this post
    Likes RamIt, Opie15, Corkey liked this post
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast