Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  4

Thread: 19.5 Commercial

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

19.5 Commercial

Anyone have any experience with 19.5 commercial wheels? I tow frequently and I’m burning through the LTs like crazy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2016 Ram 3500 Dually Mega Cab w/Aisin.
    20x8.5 Fuel Mavericks w/Nitto Grapler 32.5;
    Full Delete; 4” Race Exhaust; Proven Diesel; BMP Cat filters; 55gal Titan Tank; Anderson Ultimate hitch; 44ft Sabre 5th Wheel; ?????

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: 19.5 Commercial

Quote Originally Posted by Bezan View Post
    Anyone have any experience with 19.5 commercial wheels? I tow frequently and I’m burning through the LTs like crazy.

I use 22.5's on my dually. I love them. They are a little more rough but they last a heck of a lot longer.

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

3. Likes david3gen liked this post
  4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dude's Diesel Performance View Post
    I use 22.5's on my dually. I love them. They are a little more rough but they last a heck of a lot longer.
    Where did you buy from? What tires did you go with? Did you need to modify your truck for the 22.5? Any issues with balancing or handling? Sorry .. lots of questions.

2016 Ram 3500 Dually Mega Cab w/Aisin.
    20x8.5 Fuel Mavericks w/Nitto Grapler 32.5;
    Full Delete; 4” Race Exhaust; Proven Diesel; BMP Cat filters; 55gal Titan Tank; Anderson Ultimate hitch; 44ft Sabre 5th Wheel; ?????

5. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bezan View Post
    Where did you buy from? What tires did you go with? Did you need to modify your truck for the 22.5? Any issues with balancing or handling? Sorry .. lots of questions.

LOL no need to be sorry at all for asking questions. I bought the tires from myself but most truck shops have them and they are'nt too bad on price. Mine were 250 each i think retail for the falcon's. The only thing i had to do is get adapters because my truck is not a 10 lug by factory. So i had to purchase 8-10 lug adapters. The wheels themselves are American Force wheels that i bought from myself as well. You can get any 22.5 semi wheel to fit for the most part with adapters. Now they do make 8 lug 22.5 but your talking lots of money there LOL.

My truck already had a lift on it so it fit my wheels and tires with ease. A leveling kit in the front should get you taken care of. My tires equal a 37 and the size is 255/70 if im not mistaken. As long as the wheel and tires are true they balance pretty decently. There is alot of bump steer and wonder because they are so big they do like to follow the grooves of the road but it does not bother me too much. The 19.5's should behave more nicely. If you have never bought these before beware of the terminology of what tires you get such as steer, drive and trailer. Steer tires are for turning, drive are for rear that pushes the truck and trailer are for trailers LOL.

Balancing can be a pain sometimes but i love the look too much to let it bother me. My adapters are american force as well. Make sure to adjust tire pressure when your not towing or you will beat yourself up but if you have a newer tire they don't ride as bad as i thought. Once the tread is wore down they get rough... LOL

Feel free too shoot me a message if you have any more my friend. Im more then happy to share my experiences for sure!

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

6. Thanks Bezan thanked for this post
    Likes Bezan liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

I just ordered my 19.5s from Rickson wheels and tires. On our trip to Alaska we had two Nitto terra grapplers steel separate which cause a vibration and large bubble, luckily no blow outs. We drove almost 18000 miles pulling a 16000lb fifth wheel. The roads in Alaska are no joke. A lot of pot holes... so I'm assuming the tires were damaged from hitting so many pot holes and the additional weight from the fifthwheel didn't help. Going with their 19.5 steel rims and Toyo m608z. Not cheap but definitely a insurance policy. Check out their website. Good luck..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

8. Thanks Bezan, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes Bezan, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post