Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  5

Thread: 68RFE Relearn process

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

68RFE Relearn process

So I just deleted the truck and more than completed the tranny relearn process. I have a few questions in regards to that.

If I change the settings using the CSP4, do I have to start a whole new relearn process?

Is the tranny essentially in a constant relearn or adjustment process even after the initial driving? As in is the computer constantly making adjustments thousands of miles later? A lot of the initial mileage that I did was highway driving so I wasnt really able to drive in stop and go traffic, but Ive put a few hundred on there since then and still havent beat on it.

If I need to initiate another tranny relearn, what is the process to initiate that?

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: 68RFE Relearn process

Quote Originally Posted by 62Grains View Post
    So I just deleted the truck and more than completed the tranny relearn process. I have a few questions in regards to that.

If I change the settings using the CSP4, do I have to start a whole new relearn process?

Is the tranny essentially in a constant relearn or adjustment process even after the initial driving? As in is the computer constantly making adjustments thousands of miles later? A lot of the initial mileage that I did was highway driving so I wasnt really able to drive in stop and go traffic, but Ive put a few hundred on there since then and still havent beat on it.

If I need to initiate another tranny relearn, what is the process to initiate that?
    You don't necessarily have to do a full relearn but it's good to do about 25-50 miles of city driving letting the tranny shift up/down as much as it can.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

2018 Ram 2500 4x4 G56
    Romans 10:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    joe@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

3. Likes david3gen liked this post
  4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

The initial relearn it to get the cvi's synced back up and then yes the trans is constantly learning and slowly changing as clutches wear. No relearn needed when changing power levels on the fly

5. Thanks Oil Stain, Cumminstrokethis thanked for this post
    Likes Oil Stain, Cumminstrokethis liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

^ x2

2012 Ram 3500 4x4, Dually, Longhorn, 4:10 Max Tow, Steering Brace, Suspension Maxx End Links, Bilstein Shocks,
    Snow Plow Prep Pkg (Yep... bought it in Florida. I always think that's funny!).

7. Likes RamHunter18 liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Thanks guys.

9. Likes RamHunter18 liked this post