Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  37
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mpg seem low

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Mpg seem low

Ok guys and girls, I know this has been talked about many times. I've looked and cant find the answer I'm looking for. Sooooo my truck is seeming low on the mpg side of things 14mpg is the best I am able to get and that's with just switching to a 33x11.5x20 tire combo. And before it was 37x12.5x20 and it was only 12mpg. I just had the tranny rebuilt it has a sunnex drum harden shaft HD clutches. Transgo shift kit ,And a 2300stall converter triple disc. Fully deleted 4" exhaust and 6" lift. I drive moderately not trying to break things. I'm thinking it could just be the tuning that's in it but I have no idea what it is. Any thoughts or good suggestions. Thanks

16 cummins Laramie longhorn, ccsb, 35x12.5x20 xplora mts ,tis wheels,fully deleted, pusher add a turbo kit,stainless diesel 475 5blade turbo over 63mm VGT delete turbo,manton springs, manton valve bridges,manton pushrods,ARP 625 headstuds,steedspeed t4i manifold , S&S 80% over injectors, thuren rear trackbar, kingspeed billet valve cover, revmax valve body billet plate, CCV reroute, pusher intake horn, thuren 2in level with king 2.5 front and rear, sway bar kit ,track bar and king steering damper. Air bags from airlift. 4" exhaust, fass lift pump,MM3,DRD tunes.pusher coolant reroute.

2. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Mpg seem low

Wow, that’s very low. I’m getting 20-21 with a 5” lift and 37’s. Do you have any aftermarket things like a brush guard? What pressure are your tires at? Wait gear size are you running?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

2018 Pearl White Ram 2500 Cummins 6.7, 5" RC Lift with 37x13.5r20 Nitto Ridge Grapplers, Fuel Maverick, RC Steering Stabilizers, 4.10 gears, RevMax VB, RIGID Led bumper lights

4. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bpbertolacini View Post
    Ok guys and girls, I know this has been talked about many times. I've looked and cant find the answer I'm looking for. Sooooo my truck is seeming low on the mpg side of things 14mpg is the best I am able to get and that's with just switching to a 33x11.5x20 tire combo. And before it was 37x12.5x20 and it was only 12mpg. I just had the tranny rebuilt it has a sunnex drum harden shaft HD clutches. Transgo shift kit ,And a 2300stall converter triple disc. Fully deleted 4" exhaust and 6" lift. I drive moderately not trying to break things. I'm thinking it could just be the tuning that's in it but I have no idea what it is. Any thoughts or good suggestions. Thanks
    What kind of driving(city, highway) are you doing when getting 14mpg? Do you have the exhaust brake on full or auto mode?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

2018 Ram 2500 4x4 G56
    Romans 10:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    joe@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

6. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Ok so stock bumpers front and rear. Country driving if I get in the highway its 14 to 13.8 at 70 to 75 mph. Exhaust brake is off. I have s&b cold air and fass lift pump just changed all the filters and front and rear diff fluids.

16 cummins Laramie longhorn, ccsb, 35x12.5x20 xplora mts ,tis wheels,fully deleted, pusher add a turbo kit,stainless diesel 475 5blade turbo over 63mm VGT delete turbo,manton springs, manton valve bridges,manton pushrods,ARP 625 headstuds,steedspeed t4i manifold , S&S 80% over injectors, thuren rear trackbar, kingspeed billet valve cover, revmax valve body billet plate, CCV reroute, pusher intake horn, thuren 2in level with king 2.5 front and rear, sway bar kit ,track bar and king steering damper. Air bags from airlift. 4" exhaust, fass lift pump,MM3,DRD tunes.pusher coolant reroute.

8. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Ok so stock bumpers front and rear. Country driving if I get in the highway its 14 to 13.8 at 70 to 75 mph. Exhaust brake is off. I have s&b cold air and fass lift pump just changed all the filters and front and rear diff fluids.
    Who's tuning and what HP level?

2018 Ram 2500 4x4 G56

FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    joe@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

10. Likes watersupply189, RamHunter18 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Also the tires are set at 60 psi front and rear. I figured this was low because of all the other people saying there getting 20 plus.

12. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

That's the thing I have no idea what tune is in it or what level hp it is. I bought the truck this way

14. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Also the tires are set at 60 psi front and rear. I figured this was low because of all the other people saying there getting 20 plus.
    I run mine at 60 also. Make sure your parking brake is releasing all the way. Other than that, I would agree that it’s possibly your tune. Mine is from a well known tuner here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

2018 Pearl White Ram 2500 Cummins 6.7, 5" RC Lift with 37x13.5r20 Nitto Ridge Grapplers, Fuel Maverick, RC Steering Stabilizers, 4.10 gears, RevMax VB, RIGID Led bumper lights

16. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  17. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Yeah I did check that as well its fully disengaged on the e brake , the truck coast great. I think u guys are right it's got to be the tuning I went through everything else. Need to save money for that mm3 from DRD. I'm ready to just use my credit card. LOL

18. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Yeah I did check that as well its fully disengaged on the e brake , the truck coast great. I think u guys are right it's got to be the tuning I went through everything else. Need to save money for that mm3 from DRD. I'm ready to just use my credit card. LOL
    I'd retune it then if that didn't help, I'd either change the wheel bearings/hubs or just drive it and deal with it.

2018 Ram 2500 4x4 G56

FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    joe@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

19. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast