Thanks Thanks:  18
Likes Likes:  108
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Turbo upgrade for ultimate towing truck?

1. Top Of Page | #31

User Info Menu

Re: Turbo upgrade for ultimate towing truck?

Quote Originally Posted by .44mag View Post
    Have you considered a gear swap? Say 4.10 or 4.56:1 ratio with the taller tires. Getting some torque multiplication back to the tires might be what you're looking for with the 90 hp tune.
    I'm considering a 4:10 swap at some point. This is a good option

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

2. Likes watersupply189, .44mag liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #32

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AA-R View Post
    Can you explain the fuel distribution block and benefits? I understand all the other items on the list.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    Hey sorry for the late response. I just finished some military training and didnt have signal.

But to the fuel distribution block; so your average fuel distribution block is pretty much a fuel filter delete block to clean up the engine bay and if your running like a fass lift pump with its own filters. Now there are other fuel distribution blocks that allow you to supply 2 CP3's easier and also to run 2 lift pumps on high hp builds. Essentially its a way to distribute more fuel efficient and clean the engine bay.

Hope this helps bud; let me know if you have any other questions

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

4. Thanks watersupply189, Jaxonsram thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, Jaxonsram, AA-R liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #33

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mk1spyder View Post
    Can you do head studs by simply taking off the valve cover and inserting them one at a time? I'm sure there are instructions online that I could quit being lazy and look up.

If I do compound turbo over the stock one on a steed speed manifold do I need to upgrade fuel or am I good if I leave the crazy tunes alone?
    You'd definitely want to add head studs with compounds aswell as stiffer valve springs. With higher boost the valves can be pushed open. Tuning is key in any quality setup whether single or compounding. Another consideration would be a wastegate to keep the system in check and limit your power on stock rods, pistons, and crank.

6. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, Jaxonsram liked this post
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234