Thanks Thanks:  18
Likes Likes:  108
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Turbo upgrade for ultimate towing truck?

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: Turbo upgrade for ultimate towing truck?

Quote Originally Posted by mk1spyder View Post
    Really? Build the G56? I am not trying to go that extreme. I just want some mods I can build on down the road if I can't use a compound without doing all that other **** I'll just pass. I would rather run twin CP3 pumps than a bigger one, don't really want to get into injectors and such too much $$$.
    The only reason you would have to do injectors or anything with the injection pump whether it be twins or larger is if you went with a compound setup. You can run the factory turbo on a nice 90hp tune and be perfectly happy I know many members on this forum that do just that. I would recommend doing headstuds if you are ever going to use a 120hp tune.

The steed speed performance T4i exhaust manifold does flow alot better but you do have to delete egr with it. But keep in mind you can run the factory exhaust manifold just fine on a stock turbo.

Me personally I would run a small 90gph lift pump just for a much more efficient fuel system it will help in towing and fuel economy.

If you have anymore questions please feel free to ask

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

2. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, AnOldBiker, walla2k5 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12

The steed speed manifold just looks so good hah, I'm the kind of person that would upgrade the intercooler just because it looks like it should flow more hah.

4. Likes Western, watersupply189, AnOldBiker liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

The steed speed manifold just looks so good hah, I'm the kind of person that would upgrade the intercooler just because it looks like it should flow more hah.
    I understand that man. Is there anything you think you might need to upgrade? Im not quite sure what your goal is

6. Likes watersupply189, AnOldBiker, walla2k5 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #14

I just want a fun truck. I had a 17 F250 Platinum ultimate package prior and it was just too nice and too easy. Kind of like the difference between wheeling a built buggy vs a stock toyota landcruiser with your friends when you were 16. One is badass but takes all the fun out of it, the other is actually fun.

I sold the top of the line truck and bought the most basic regular cab G56 4x4 diesel white truck I could find for $40,000 new out off the lot. October 2018 build date. The last of the stick shift. So I just want to get rid of the restrictive factory **** and clean it up in the engine bay, smooth air flow, easy bolt on mods, fun stuff. I know I will have to do a clutch eventually.

I'll save the money messing with the turbo and just try to get the most out of the stock turbo as is with a manifold, exhaust, full delete, and intake restriction removal stuff. I'm not going to bother doing head studs right now I am going to smoke the clutch before that is necessary. I just want to get up around 900-1000tq and leave it alone.

8. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

I just want a fun truck. I had a 17 F250 Platinum ultimate package prior and it was just too nice and too easy. Kind of like the difference between wheeling a built buggy vs a stock toyota landcruiser with your friends when you were 16. One is badass but takes all the fun out of it, the other is actually fun.

I sold the top of the line truck and bought the most basic regular cab G56 4x4 diesel white truck I could find for $40,000 new out off the lot. October 2018 build date. The last of the stick shift. So I just want to get rid of the restrictive factory **** and clean it up in the engine bay, smooth air flow, easy bolt on mods, fun stuff. I know I will have to do a clutch eventually.

I'll save the money messing with the turbo and just try to get the most out of the stock turbo as is with a manifold, exhaust, full delete, and intake restriction removal stuff. I'm not going to bother doing head studs right now I am going to smoke the clutch before that is necessary. I just want to get up around 900-1000tq and leave it alone.
    Okay now I know exactly what you want.
    Now all the products I am going to recommend are the products I would personally run on my truck many of them I do.

So lets say egr is already deleted.
    1. Steed speed exhaust manifold with new gaskets
    2. 4" or 5" exhaust your preference
    3. S&B is the best cold air intake system for these trucks on the market
    4. Banks 3.5" intake horn
    5. Heater grid delete is your preference
    6. Fass 90gph lift pump with sump kit
    7. Fuel distribution block
    8. DRD tunes on an MM3 tuner with egt sensor

Intercooler hoses are your preference but factory flows fine along with the radiator.

If there are any factory components you are unsure if you should upgrade feel free to ask.

9. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, AnOldBiker liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #16

Is the rear cylinder coolant bypass worth a ****? I was going to do heater grid delete and just replace it with the one that screws into the intake elbow.

I heard the stock intake box flows more than the stock turbo can do anyways so I was just going to drop a K&N in it. Is the S&B worth it for the noise or something?

11. Likes watersupply189, AnOldBiker liked this post
  12. Top Of Page | #17

User Info Menu

I have heard the bypass kit helps but I personally have no experience with it. I do know its not easy with the trans in the truck tho. The s&b kit cleans up the engine bay which is what you said you wanted. You can hear the factory turbo a bit more with it.

13. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, AnOldBiker liked this post
  14. Top Of Page | #18

Thanks for the advice, I just ordered the AEV prospector XL kit, I'll get working on that and then do the engine stuff.

15. Top Of Page | #19

User Info Menu

Any time bud. Anymore questions please feel free to ask.

Please keep us updated on your build!

16. Top Of Page | #20

Hey man Welcome, Personally if you want reliability just go with a 400frame single and ditch the VGT. Get an afternarket exhaust brake. Egts will be in good shape and you won't have to worry about bending rods with all the low end boost compounds are gonna make. Yes these 6.7's and compounds cause Rod problems if you don't prepare for it. Good luck!

2018 2500, G56, SSSB3600, Arp625 Head studs, Arp Manifold studs,BD Diesel FMW 467.7 2nd gen swapped, MM3 Custom tuning by Ray, Ceramic Pro Gold, Toyo Mt 33x12.50x20, Hostile Sprocket 20x10 -19, Fass 165, DDP 150 sticks,10mm exergy stroker pump, Bd Throttle Booster, Money Pit! The fass165 150 sticks and 10mm pump did ok but was running out of rail for anyone interested. It's now gonna have DDP 100%'s, DDP 12mm pump and a FASS 250gph

17. Thanks Jaxonsram thanked for this post
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast