Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2

Thread: Deleted exhaust sound

1. Top Of Page | #1

Deleted exhaust sound

I have deleted my 2015 2500 and bought the Jamo 4” turbo back with a muffler.

i had to do my delete in two stages with the first step removing the exhaust and second was removing the wheel stuff from the engine.

i liked the way the truck sounded with the new exhaust with the egr stuff on, but I didn’t realize it would change the tone once that stuff was removed.

It now has a “rattle” sound to the exhaust note and I’m not a fan. What other mufflers will get it back to a smooth rumble? I will not be putting the egr stuff back on for just a note.

Thanks!

2. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Deleted exhaust sound

Quote Originally Posted by tcreamer View Post
    I have deleted my 2015 2500 and bought the Jamo 4” turbo back with a muffler.

i had to do my delete in two stages with the first step removing the exhaust and second was removing the wheel stuff from the engine.

i liked the way the truck sounded with the new exhaust with the egr stuff on, but I didn’t realize it would change the tone once that stuff was removed.

It now has a “rattle” sound to the exhaust note and I’m not a fan. What other mufflers will get it back to a smooth rumble? I will not be putting the egr stuff back on for just a note.

Thanks!
    I just used the stock muffler. Sounds good to me. Not too loud and a deep rumble at idle.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

4. Likes watersupply189 liked this post