Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  19
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bypass oil filter location

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: Bypass oil filter location

Upon further research I found why I didn’t order the dual kit with filter relocation. It is not offered by amsoil. It appears the the large size of oil filter inlet may have something to do with it.
    This truck uses 5w40 and, I’m almost certain, the oil pressure relief is set at 50lbs.
    Other companies offer kits, sinister diesel, eBay sellers, etc. but I don’t have enough confidence in these parts to want them on my truck. I think I will install what I have.
    I am not totally sure of the hydraulic situation here. In reducing the 1” filter to 1/2” hose, reducing the size of port will increase pressure and reduce volume. And the to increase volume again on the new dual remote filter housing, I just don’t feel all that comfortable with the uncertainty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

I thought this engine mounted Bypass Filter Bracket was the way to go. But after three months of service the 1/4” steel, reinforced bracket broke due to metal fatigue. Rather than risk another failure I decided to mount the filter head to the frame on the passenger side. I will need to make up longer hoses but it will eliminate the bracket and will be away from the vibration.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. MM3 tuned by Double R Diesel. Oil Bypass Filter, 50 Gallon auxiliary fuel tank.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

3. Thanks cumminsdieselfreak thanked for this post
    Likes cumminsdieselfreak, SyN liked this post
  4. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

I've seen some make a mount that uses body bolt behind front bumper.

Looks good there and easy to access.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12