Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  13

Thread: Gently Used

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Gently Used

I recently purchased a 2012 6.7. Once I knew what I was looking for I realized that the truck had holes drilled for efi live but the toggle switch and module is gone. It also has an egr delete, and a turbo back exhaust with muffler 5".

The truck hasn't thrown any codes, and I'm just wondering if they have a saved tune on the truck.

I was also wondering will this effect my truck when I eventually purchase the MM3 for double R diesel.

Last thing, is there a military discount for the platinum membership?

2. Thanks cumminsdieselfreak thanked for this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Gently Used

Quote Originally Posted by BitterCoalSpitter View Post
    I recently purchased a 2012 6.7. Once I knew what I was looking for I realized that the truck had holes drilled for efi live but the toggle switch and module is gone. It also has an egr delete, and a turbo back exhaust with muffler 5".

The truck hasn't thrown any codes, and I'm just wondering if they have a saved tune on the truck.

I was also wondering will this effect my truck when I eventually purchase the MM3 for double R diesel.

Last thing, is there a military discount for the platinum membership?
    Welcome! As for the tuning of the truck, someone has took out the SOTF switch/efi handheld but left the tuning on the truck. You can tune with an MM3 but I don't think you'll have any way to ever put the truck back to "stock".

2018 Ram 2500 4x4 G56
    Romans 10:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    joe@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

4. Likes cumminsbadgirl liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

No worries there, I have a part list a mile long and she has her own savings account LOL. I'm going to keep adding to the truck. I just want nothing but the best for it. I dont know how the previous owner treated this truck, but it was love ar first sight for me..

6. Likes Power247, cumminsbadgirl liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

No worries there, I have a part list a mile long and she has her own savings account LOL. I'm going to keep adding to the truck. I just want nothing but the best for it. I dont know how the previous owner treated this truck, but it was love ar first sight for me..
    I messaged you back but your inbox is full(it's small for basic members). I'll post the reply for your message here.

It sounds like it is still programmed. Do you not have a way to contact previous owner to get the EFI live handheld? Your truck should be able to be tuned in the future but I don't think it'll ever be able to be put back to "stock". As for the fuel filter situation, a fuel system would certainly help with filtration and extending the longevity of the injectors.

2018 Ram 2500 4x4 G56

FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    joe@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

8. Likes Power247, cumminsbadgirl liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

I dont have a way of getting ahold of the previous owner, outside of the dealership possibly giving me his/her info. I will definitely ask them.

I really appreciate the patience and help brotha.

10. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

I dont have a way of getting ahold of the previous owner, outside of the dealership possibly giving me his/her info. I will definitely ask them.

I really appreciate the patience and help brotha.
    Ask the dealership to contact previous owner and ask them for permission to give you their contact info.

2018 Ram 2500 4x4 G56

FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    joe@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

11. Thanks cumminsbadgirl thanked for this post
    Likes cumminsbadgirl liked this post
  12. Top Of Page | #7
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

I've found it easier to have the dealer give them your info, telling them you have questions to ask as to how they maintained the vehicle due to your plans for its future, They tend to respond more that way.

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

13. Thanks cumminsbadgirl thanked for this post
    Likes cumminsbadgirl liked this post
  14. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Welcome!!

No trouble tuning with another tuner when you are ready. Sounds like you have quite a build planned. Looking forward to seeing how it turns out.

Greg
    2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | Custom tuned by Double R Diesel
    2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

15. Thanks cumminsbadgirl thanked for this post