Thanks Thanks:  8
Likes Likes:  16

Thread: 2016 6.7 Fuel Control Actuator - advice needed

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

2016 6.7 Fuel Control Actuator - advice needed

I am looking for guidance or tips in replacing the fuel control actuator on my 2016 Ram 6.7. I have located it under the hood, and it looks like it's tucked away in a tough spot to reach. I am hoping some others on this forum have done the replacement already and can provide some tips on the easiest way to access it.

It almost looks like I should remove the alternator or inner fender well to gain full access, but hopefully someone on here has the experience with the FCA and can provide advice.

Thanks!

2. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: 2016 6.7 Fuel Control Actuator - advice needed

Quote Originally Posted by 1badMopar View Post
    I am looking for guidance or tips in replacing the fuel control actuator on my 2016 Ram 6.7. I have located it under the hood, and it looks like it's tucked away in a tough spot to reach. I am hoping some others on this forum have done the replacement already and can provide some tips on the easiest way to access it.

It almost looks like I should remove the alternator or inner fender well to gain full access, but hopefully someone on here has the experience with the FCA and can provide advice.

Thanks!
    The FCA mounts into the back of your CP3 and has 3 small screws(can't remember what head it is, maybe a torx) holding it in. Just unplug the electrical connection, remove 3 screws and pull it out, reverse the steps for the new one.

2018 Ram 2500 4x4 G56
    Romans 10:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    joe@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

4. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes david3gen, watersupply189, Power247 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Thanks!
    Welcome friend!!

2016 Ram Laramie 3500, G56, 6.7, MM3 by Double R Diesel, Rough Country Leveling, 35x12.50 Nitto G2, HID headlights and fogs plus many many other add ons.....

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab ,G56

6. Likes cumminsdieselfreak, david3gen liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Thanks for the replies. Appreciate it! Thought I would add a couple of diagrams I pulled from the shop manual, for the next guy that's tackling this issue.

Screen Shot 2019-05-03 at 5.40.36 PM.jpgScreen Shot 2019-05-03 at 5.40.55 PM.png

Attached Images Attached Images

8. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Welcome to the family

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

10. Likes watersupply189, Blademan liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

The job was really easy. It took about 30 minutes start to finish. I was able to worm my arm down into the engine compartment and perform the replacement, so no need to remove the inner fender well. Although you are mostly working blind by feel. One tip I would pass along is using a marker to mark side of the cover for the clock position of the screws before you remove the old one. It makes it a lot easier on the reinstall, due to the fact that you cannot see the holes from the top for reinstall.

Attached Images Attached Images

12. Thanks Power247, Blademan thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, Power247 liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

One more not on this for the next guy... This successfully solved my surging idle issues. It also corrected the fuel smells that were entering the cab at idle. Truck runs great with the new actuator!

14. Thanks siouls, Power247, Blademan thanked for this post
  15. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

One more not on this for the next guy... This successfully solved my surging idle issues. It also corrected the fuel smells that were entering the cab at idle. Truck runs great with the new actuator!
    Thanks for posting all this. . I hope I don't need any of it for a long time but good to know it's not too bad of a job.

Greg
    2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | Custom tuned by Double R Diesel
    2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

16. Likes watersupply189 liked this post