Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  5

Thread: 2019 Tuning Availabilty?

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

2019 Tuning Availabilty?

Well guys, I traded in my 2016 68RFE dually, for an Aisin equipped 2019 dually. I love the fact that the Aisin just locks up and goes without any of the TC flare that I had with the 68RFE. I had an MM3 with Ray's tuning on my last truck and am planning the same for this one. Any news on 2019 tuning or if anyone has made any headway in cracking the Aisin? I know Randy Reyes hammers his Aisin without any tuning, but I'm sure that being able to customize the maps will push this transmission into new territory. Thanks as always.

2. Likes cumminsdieselfreak liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: 2019 Tuning Availabilty?

Quote Originally Posted by CopperHead View Post
    Well guys, I traded in my 2016 68RFE dually, for an Aisin equipped 2019 dually. I love the fact that the Aisin just locks up and goes without any of the TC flare that I had with the 68RFE. I had an MM3 with Ray's tuning on my last truck and am planning the same for this one. Any news on 2019 tuning or if anyone has made any headway in cracking the Aisin? I know Randy Reyes hammers his Aisin without any tuning, but I'm sure that being able to customize the maps will push this transmission into new territory. Thanks as always.
    Congrats on the new truck! Would love to see a pic! It's looking like it'll be around fall time on the '19's and the Aisin still hasn't been cracked.

2018 Ram 2500 4x4 G56
    Romans 10:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    joe@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

4. Thanks CopperHead thanked for this post
    Likes CopperHead liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Copperhead, I am currently trying to close on an 2018 3500 HO-Aisin. How are you liking yours so far? Any feedback on mods you have done?
    Once I purchase I plan to give Ray a call for the 18- MM3 tuning. Hopefully he has made some good headway with his. From I have read so far it sounds like it. Not sure if I will/want to tune the tranny, but in past experience it has always been a benefit in driving response/characteristics to tune engine and tranny together. These smart transmissions are a whole different creature from days past... looking forward to getting my new/used truck soon.

6. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by YeaIt'sAGoat.... View Post
    Copperhead, I am currently trying to close on an 2018 3500 HO-Aisin. How are you liking yours so far? Any feedback on mods you have done?
    Once I purchase I plan to give Ray a call for the 18- MM3 tuning. Hopefully he has made some good headway with his. From I have read so far it sounds like it. Not sure if I will/want to tune the tranny, but in past experience it has always been a benefit in driving response/characteristics to tune engine and tranny together. These smart transmissions are a whole different creature from days past... looking forward to getting my new/used truck soon.
    The Aisin still can’t be tuned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2018 Ram 2500 4x4 G56

FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    joe@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

7. Thanks YeaIt'sAGoat.... thanked for this post
  8. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

That's what I was guessing. Although I have read quite a few owners say they are having happy times with the Aisin and mild tuning. I guess once the tranny learns the new HP/driving characteristics it goes happy again.

Hey, any thoughts on throttle boosters with these trucks? Had the boosters in my Fords and love them. Did some surfing research and they seem to work well in the Rams as well. I'm considering one for the new truck, once I have it in the driveway...

9. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by YeaIt'sAGoat.... View Post
    That's what I was guessing. Although I have read quite a few owners say they are having happy times with the Aisin and mild tuning. I guess once the tranny learns the new HP/driving characteristics it goes happy again.

Hey, any thoughts on throttle boosters with these trucks? Had the boosters in my Fords and love them. Did some surfing research and they seem to work well in the Rams as well. I'm considering one for the new truck, once I have it in the driveway...
    No way I’d have a throttle booster and it deleted, or have one at all on a diesel but that’s just my opinion. Had one on my 2018 4Runner and hated it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2018 Ram 2500 4x4 G56

FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    joe@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

10. Thanks YeaIt'sAGoat.... thanked for this post
  11. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

I hated the dead pedal laggy feel of my ‘16. Tried a throttle booster and still wasn’t satisfied. Ended up trying emissions intact egrless DRD MM3 and totally happy with my truck now.

2016 3500 Laramie Mega DRW Aisin 3.73

12. Thanks YeaIt'sAGoat.... thanked for this post
  13. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Good to know! Glad to hear that for sure. That is my thoughts/hopes as well. I have always had good success with tuners and diesel trucks in general. Theast Cummins 6.7 I had Came Alive after tuning. It was stupid crazy the difference in feel, response, and overall performance the tuner made! Hoping to have similar experiences with the newer 6.7 HO as well. Not looking to win races, but I do like the feel of true power the late model diesel engines are capable of. When you can take an 8000lb dually and smoke a camaro/mustang at the street light (-all while making 18mpg) that is an awesome feeling... somewhat evil in fact. LOL. It's still unimaginable to drive a daily truck that can apply over 1000ftlbs to the ground without any major engine modifications... show me a sports car that can do that, tow 30klbs, and still make 18-20mpg! Hell Ford cant it even seem to do it. LOL. Not the mpg for sure. I have yet to see a dually past 2011 anyway that can. Duramax might , I'm not sure.

14. Likes Skywrench liked this post