Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  20
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Exhaust Echo

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Exhaust Echo

Ive search the forum for "Exhaust Echo" and didnt find what I was looking for. I live in a small neighborhood and houses are fairly close together. I enjoy the loud exhaust, but I dont want the neighbors angry when i start the truck up at 5 in the morning. I'm more concerned about when its warming up at idle. I'm trying to avoid the sound bouncing off the houses. When i'm leaving town I will obviously be driving and not in one spot for very long. Trying to get some feelers before I order a kit. I think that I like the sound of a 5" but I'm not opposed to the 4". I would even get a resonator. I want it to sound rowdy when it needs to but mellow at an idle. I wasn't sure if either axle dump or side exit would eliminate some of the echo. Any ideas?

2. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Exhaust Echo

Quote Originally Posted by Ron60w View Post
    Ive search the forum for "Exhaust Echo" and didnt find what I was looking for. I live in a small neighborhood and houses are fairly close together. I enjoy the loud exhaust, but I dont want the neighbors angry when i start the truck up at 5 in the morning. I'm more concerned about when its warming up at idle. I'm trying to avoid the sound bouncing off the houses. When i'm leaving town I will obviously be driving and not in one spot for very long. Trying to get some feelers before I order a kit. I think that I like the sound of a 5" but I'm not opposed to the 4". I would even get a resonator. I want it to sound rowdy when it needs to but mellow at an idle. I wasn't sure if either axle dump or side exit would eliminate some of the echo. Any ideas?
    As long as you have a resi or muffler i think you will be ok. Either way it will still be somewhat noticeable because these trucks are not quiet naturally.

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dude's Diesel Performance View Post
    As long as you have a resi or muffler i think you will be ok. Either way it will still be somewhat noticeable because these trucks are not quiet naturally.
    That is understood but I want it to be somewhat tolerable early in the morning. I guess I'm asking for opinions on the dump vs side exit. I really like the sound of the 5" and I know that any tip will make it bellow.

5. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

2012 Ram 3500 4x4, Dually, Longhorn, 4:10 Max Tow, Steering Brace, Suspension Maxx End Links, Bilstein Shocks,
    Snow Plow Prep Pkg (Yep... bought it in Florida. I always think that's funny!).

7. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Personally if you dump you will get a lot of drone. Side exit with a muffler would eliminate most of your echo in my opinion.

2016 Ram Laramie 3500, G56, 6.7, MM3 by Double R Diesel, Rough Country Leveling, 35x12.50 Nitto G2, HID headlights and fogs plus many many other add ons.....

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab
    Cummins,G56, Rough Country level, Morimoto LED fog lights, LED headlights, Lund Attitude Steps sprayed with Line-X, DRL's Activated, 35x12.50R18 Falken Wildpeak ATW3, Fuel Vapor Wheels Matte Black w/Dark Tint, A.R.E. Truck cap and swing boxes

9. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

The dump will be somewhat louder because it is going to bounce sound in all direction where the side exit will be quieter in this aspect unless you are standing on the side of the exiting exhaust.

FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

10. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

I have 5" with no res or muffler and my elderly hard of hearing neighbor thinks its loud. He mows his yard at all sorts of weird hours so we called it even LOL.

2013 3500 SRW, Mm3, DRD Tunes, Kevlar Paint

11. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by GraveyBoat View Post
    I have 5" with no res or muffler and my elderly hard of hearing neighbor thinks its loud. He mows his yard at all sorts of weird hours so we called it even LOL.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

2018 Ram 2500 4x4 G56
    Romans 10:13

FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    joe@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

12. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by GraveyBoat View Post
    My older neighbor wears earmuffs and church clothes while push mowing. Not sure how this is gonna go...

14. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ron60w View Post
    My older neighbor wears earmuffs and church clothes while push mowing. Not sure how this is gonna go...

LOL!!!! Geezus

FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

15. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast