Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  11
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone a small engine mechanic?

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: Anyone a small engine mechanic?

Quote Originally Posted by AnOldBiker View Post
    Once fixed, consider ... Every year, all gas equipment I have are drained, ran until it stops, aired dried and put up until next year. The collected gas is treated with Stay Build and stored in a proper container. Never have a problem with gum. With the newer fuels, problems with gaskets and gum has been hell for many.
    I normally try ro run em out of gas. And run 93. I had just got this on a trade for my toolbox i had. Apparently ol boy didnt believe in running them out of gas haha. There was some gew in the carb i must not have gotten it all out though. I may pull it back off and soak it in acetone like @polarco was saying. Since i cant seem to fine a rebuild anywhere and all the places ive checked online all the jets are out of stock. Its got the kawasaki fh680v as20 engine.

2016 2500 slt. 4x4. 20x10 moto metal 970s on 305-55-20. Fully deleted with mm3. 5 inch tbe.

2. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dwelsh View Post
    I did haha unless i missed something. Which is possible. Ya know i cannot find a carb rebuild kit anywhere for this thing. One of the i think its called idle jet is messed up. Imma call a gravely dealer near me tomarrow and see if they can get me set up with some parts. Just completely rebuild the carb that way i know its good. In the back of my mind ive been thinking bad gas also so maybe if they dont have the parts i need ill drain the gas out and throw some 93 in it. I also checked the spark and im not getting a real nice blue spark more orange. Apparently these are bad about coils too. Ol boy i traded for this thing gave me the short end of the stick LOL.
    Remove the pin holding the white float and the should be a needle valve there as well. The solenoid one is a secondary shut off incase the float valve sticks open

3. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RamHunter18 View Post
    Remove the pin holding the white float and the should be a needle valve there as well. The solenoid one is a secondary shut off incase the float valve sticks open
    Ahhhh i gotcha man. Thats makes sense. Ive never really messed with carbs before. Possible that guy is stopped up. Thanks for your help man. Imma tear into it again hopefully tonight after work.

2016 2500 slt. 4x4. 20x10 moto metal 970s on 305-55-20. Fully deleted with mm3. 5 inch tbe.

4. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

I couldnt find a mixture screw. Theres really no adjustments on the carb. Looking at the carb diagram. I missed 2 jets. But they are on the top of the carb and have these little freeze plug type deals covering them up. But i also didnt think of using wire to run through th4 holes. I appreciate it man. You sure you dont wanna come down to nc? Its been high 80s this week LOL. Thanks man
    Appreciate the offer but I have to help my buddy install a new AC unit in our bedroom. If I ever gwt into that bedroom again, I may be able to enjoy it. I've been in a recliner since the operation.

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

5. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

Ahhhh i gotcha man. Thats makes sense. Ive never really messed with carbs before. Possible that guy is stopped up. Thanks for your help man. Imma tear into it again hopefully tonight after work.
    No problem. If that gets gummed up it would let fuel into the bowl and it will starve it for gas and wont run. Get some 2+2 gum cutter and remove and clean it good. Blown through the fuel line inlet port and you should have good flow. Them push up on the float and the flow should stop. Good luck

6. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Polaraco View Post
    Appreciate the offer but I have to help my buddy install a new AC unit in our bedroom. If I ever gwt into that bedroom again, I may be able to enjoy it. I've been in a recliner since the operation.
    Dang im sorry man. I hope your doin good and wish you a speedy recovery. I was wondering why i havent seen your name floating around in awhile. Imma bout to upload a pic think ive found the problem

7. Top Of Page | #17

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RamHunter18 View Post
    No problem. If that gets gummed up it would let fuel into the bowl and it will starve it for gas and wont run. Get some 2+2 gum cutter and remove and clean it good. Blown through the fuel line inlet port and you should have good flow. Them push up on the float and the flow should stop. Good luck
    yall think ive found the problem? Needle valve didnt seem to move too good with the float so lets hope

Attached Images Attached Images

8. Likes RamHunter18 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #18

User Info Menu

Well its fixed. And dang this thing runs like a scolded dog. I actually went down into the bushes on a hill at my house cuz i couldnt stop LOL imma have to be careful LOL. Thank yall for your help.

Attached Images Attached Images

10. Likes Power247, RamHunter18 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #19

User Info Menu

Well its fixed. And dang this thing runs like a scolded dog. I actually went down into the bushes on a hill at my house cuz i couldnt stop LOL imma have to be careful LOL. Thank yall for your help.
    Nice work man!!

Greg
    2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | Custom tuned by Double R Diesel
    2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

12. Likes Dwelsh liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #20

User Info Menu

Good to hear. Enjoy

14. Likes Dwelsh liked this post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast