Thanks Thanks:  12
Likes Likes:  20

Thread: Tuning question

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Tuning question

I am a new member and have a couple questions about tuning my truck. I see a lot about double r diesel mm3 tuner and sounds like the majority on this site use this tuner,. I'm torn between using Ray for my tunes from DRD and the ez lynk any opinions would be appreciated? Also I have watched several videos from drd,which brings up the question of shift flare.....my truck has a 68RFE and I want a tune that isnt going to shorten the life of my transmission.I do have 35" tires and truck has not been regeared. If I understand correctly torque convertor lock up is what causes the flare DRD tunes leaves it so T.C unlocks between shifts? This should be better for the transmission right? Not really looking for big horsepower # s just to clean up engine bay and allow my Cummins to breath a little better...LOL. mainly improving life of engine. Thanks for any input just trying to make the right decision on making this purchase!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

2. Thanks Hootie thanked for this post
    Likes cumminsdieselfreak liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

Re: Tuning question

@Opie15

Many on here go to Ray, due to his positive attitude, great products and great customer service. A product can be great, but its the customer service that put him above all others.

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

4. Thanks Opie15 thanked for this post
    Likes Opie15, cumminsdieselfreak liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AnOldBiker View Post
    @Opie15

Many on here go to Ray, due to his positive attitude, great products and great customer service. A product can be great, but its the customer service that put him above all others.
    X2

2013 3500 SRW, Mm3, DRD Tunes, Kevlar Paint

6. Thanks Yzeezinger250, Opie15 thanked for this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Ray's tuning for sure, logged about 10k miles on mine so far without one hiccup, runs 10x better than stock, well worth the investment any day!

2018 RAM 2500 Tradesman 4x4 Crew Cab, Graphite Metallic Black
    5" Flo Pro Turbo Back, Custom DRD Tuning, Turbo Baffle Removed

8. Thanks Opie15 thanked for this post
    Likes cumminsdieselfreak, Opie15, Droy7769 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Yzeezinger250 View Post
    Ray's tuning for sure, logged about 10k miles on mine so far without one hiccup, runs 10x better than stock, well worth the investment any day!
    I agree fully, Ray’s the man hands down!!!

10. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Opie15 View Post
    I am a new member and have a couple questions about tuning my truck. I see a lot about double r diesel mm3 tuner and sounds like the majority on this site use this tuner,. I'm torn between using Ray for my tunes from DRD and the ez lynk any opinions would be appreciated? Also I have watched several videos from drd,which brings up the question of shift flare.....my truck has a 68RFE and I want a tune that isnt going to shorten the life of my transmission.I do have 35" tires and truck has not been regeared. If I understand correctly torque convertor lock up is what causes the flare DRD tunes leaves it so T.C unlocks between shifts? This should be better for the transmission right? Not really looking for big horsepower # s just to clean up engine bay and allow my Cummins to breath a little better...LOL. mainly improving life of engine. Thanks for any input just trying to make the right decision on making this purchase!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    I recommend DRD as well but if you feel like the EZ Lynk would be better for you then go that route. All tuning is only as good as the one tuning it... That being said, if you had a truck older than your 2015 I would suggest other tuners but for 2013+ trucks, I think DRD is the best for now.

2018 Ram 2500 4x4 G56
    Romans 10:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    joe@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

11. Thanks Opie15, Yzeezinger250 thanked for this post
    Likes david3gen, Opie15, Yzeezinger250 liked this post
  12. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Go for it! I did!

2012 Ram 3500 4x4, Dually, Longhorn, 4:10 Max Tow, Steering Brace, Suspension Maxx End Links, Bilstein Shocks,
    Snow Plow Prep Pkg (Yep... bought it in Florida. I always think that's funny!).

13. Thanks Opie15, Yzeezinger250 thanked for this post