Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  16
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: fuel question

1. Top Of Page | #21

User Info Menu

Re: fuel question

Quote Originally Posted by Power247 View Post
    Just because you are getting codes for the EGR that doesn't mean you need to remove it. A simple delete pipe for the exhaust and a tuner is all you really need. The diner will clear the codes and truck will ignore the EGR afterwards. Would really cut down on the labor and overall cost.

Greg
    2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | MM3 tuned by Double R Diesel
    2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310
    Being a "newbie" I considered that. I wondered what happened if I just did the tune, exhaust, unplugged the egr and left it in place. I also thought about what issues I may have if I ever tried to trade it in. How much would this effect the results?

2. Top Of Page | #22

User Info Menu

Yeah that's a bit high. I usually charge around 500 for the labor. But there is always the legality aspect of doing that work so maybe they factor that in.

3. Top Of Page | #23

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RamHunter18 View Post
    Yeah that's a bit high. I usually charge around 500 for the labor. But there is always the legality aspect of doing that work so maybe they factor that in.
    That's as good an excuse as any I guess. LOL

4. Top Of Page | #24

User Info Menu

I payed $600 for my local shop to remove the full exhaust and install a full system I purchased on my own. They removed the exhaust, drained the DEF tank, flushed out and cleaned the pump, and kept everything nice in case I need to reinstall the stock exhaust. They are a reputable shop that deals with diesels only, and after I saw all the DEF that made a mess on their shop floor, I didn’t mind paying that. LOL

2013 | Ram 2500 | 4 door | Short Bed | MM3 by DRD | S&B Cold Air Intake | Jamo 4inch TB Exhaust |Shibby Plugs | Supernova V4 LED Bulbs |

2013 Ram 2500, 4 door, short bed, MM3 by DRD, S&B Cold Air Intake, Jamo 4inch Exhaust with muffler and tip, Shibby Plugs, Supernova V4 LED headlight bulbs

5. Top Of Page | #25

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fastbasser View Post
    Being a "newbie" I considered that. I wondered what happened if I just did the tune, exhaust, unplugged the egr and left it in place. I also thought about what issues I may have if I ever tried to trade it in. How much would this effect the results?
    I have been running since 5500 miles with just a delete pipe in the exhaust and EGR components still installed but turned off with a tuner. Truck will turn 90k this weekend and not one issue in all that time.

Greg
    2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | Custom tuned by Double R Diesel
    2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

6. Thanks cumminsdieselfreak thanked for this post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123