Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: fuel question

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: fuel question

Quote Originally Posted by cumminsdieselfreak View Post
    I think you know what needs to happen

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
    Why is there such a high labor charge for this? It appears to be about $800 average and they say it will take 4-5 hours. Unless I go with EFI live..

2. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fastbasser View Post
    Why is there such a high labor charge for this? It appears to be about $800 average and they say it will take 4-5 hours. Unless I go with EFI live..
    Which ends up $600 less.. I misspoke, the labor is the same, EFI is just less.

3. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

Which ends up $600 less.. I misspoke, the labor is the same, EFI is just less.
    If someone is charging you $125/hr or more I'd find a new shop. How savvy are your wrenching skills? I've had EFI and the MM3 and I like the MM3 much better.

2018 Ram 2500 4x4 G56
    Romans 10:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    joe@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

4. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

If someone is charging you $125/hr or more I'd find a new shop. How savvy are your wrenching skills? I've had EFI and the MM3 and I like the MM3 much better.

My wrenching skills are excellent with limitations. I would have trouble with the passengers side of the motor in the back. I lost my left arm and those would be a *****. Swapping out the exhaust pipe would be interesting also.. LOL Having just had surgery on my right shoulder, I'm not anxious to screw it up and go through that again.. LOL

5. Likes cumminsdieselfreak liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

My wrenching skills are excellent with limitations. I would have trouble with the passengers side of the motor in the back. I lost my left arm and those would be a *****. Swapping out the exhaust pipe would be interesting also.. LOL Having just had surgery on my right shoulder, I'm not anxious to screw it up and go through that again.. LOL
    Yeaaa that would be a problem LOL, my apologies. The stock exhaust is heavy.

2018 Ram 2500 4x4 G56
    Romans 10:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    joe@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

7. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

Yeaaa that would be a problem LOL, my apologies. The stock exhaust is heavy.

Not a problem at all.. LOL If you knew the crazy stuff I've done one handed you would shake your head!!

8. Likes cumminsdieselfreak liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #17

User Info Menu

Just because you are getting codes for the EGR that doesn't mean you need to remove it. A simple delete pipe for the exhaust and a tuner is all you really need. The diner will clear the codes and truck will ignore the EGR afterwards. Would really cut down on the labor and overall cost.

Greg
    2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | MM3 tuned by Double R Diesel
    2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

10. Top Of Page | #18

User Info Menu

Also, where are you located? We might have a forum member near by that would be willing to help.

Greg
    2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | MM3 tuned by Double R Diesel
    2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

11. Thanks cumminsdieselfreak thanked for this post
    Likes cumminsdieselfreak liked this post
  12. Top Of Page | #19

User Info Menu

800 for what? Installing the mm3 and flashing in the tune, swapping out the exhaust, and removing the egr valve and cooler and installing block off plates? You supplying all the parts?

13. Likes cumminsdieselfreak liked this post
  14. Top Of Page | #20

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RamHunter18 View Post
    800 for what? Installing the mm3 and flashing in the tune, swapping out the exhaust, and removing the egr valve and cooler and installing block off plates? You supplying all the parts?
    I got a written estimate. I am not supplying the parts. Tuner $1300, Delete Kit $200, Exhaust $300, labor $800.... Yes labor to install those parts $800. After watching how it's done on Utube, it's a "tad" high! I wasn't surprised to find another local shop with the exact same price.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast