Thanks Thanks:  8
Likes Likes:  23

Thread: Tuning without deleting??

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Tuning without deleting??

I am wanting to install a tuner on my 2017 with 35000 mi. Still having the factory warranty and a extended warranty I would rather leave as many hard parts intact as possible. The mm3 and drd tunes sound interesting anyone out there running this set up and what are your likes or dislikes. Is the power that noticeable and what other options are out there? Thanks for your responses!

2. Likes timshooter40, AK Bob liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Tuning without deleting??

Quote Originally Posted by 1kwoz View Post
    I am wanting to install a tuner on my 2017 with 35000 mi. Still having the factory warranty and a extended warranty I would rather leave as many hard parts intact as possible. The mm3 and drd tunes sound interesting anyone out there running this set up and what are your likes or dislikes. Is the power that noticeable and what other options are out there? Thanks for your responses!
    DRD emission compliant tuning is top notch and highly respected in our community. As far as the warranty if the dealer searches hard enough depending on why you are needing to use your warranty, they can void it if they dig deep enough.

You will notice a very nice gain in power and torque with Mr. Rays tuning paired with the trans tuning for the 68RFE.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

4. Thanks cumminsdieselfreak thanked for this post
    Likes cumminsdieselfreak, timshooter40 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 1kwoz View Post
    Many guys on here run emissions compliant tuning from DRD and are very happy with the results. There are a few threads on here with testimonials from a lot of those guys. If not ready to go that far you can look a Pedal Commander or other throttle sensitivity boosters to give you a tuned feel without actually changing anything in the trucks tuning.

But before doing anything, start by talking to the Service Writer and Diesel Tech at the dealership where you will get your warranty work done. Be up front about your mod & tuning plans and let them tell you the impact on your warranty coverage.

Generally speaking, a 'mod friendly' shop will still perform any warranty work needed on tuned truck, except a blown motor. On the other end of the spectrum, some shops will deny warranty coverage for any little thing extra that was added after delivery. Most will fall somewhere in the middle I think.

Once you have their answer you can go from there. You may find out that you can go straight to full delete without any real impact to you warranty coverage.

Greg
    2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | MM3 tuned by Double R Diesel
    2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

6. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

I run emissions compliant on a 2016. I have over 70K miles on the tuning at this point, and no issues. I can't speak highly enough for Ray's expertise and his customer service.

2014 Ram 2500 CCSB Ram Box Larime
    2011 Ram 5500
    2006 Diesel Jeep Liberty
    RIP. 2016 Tradesman 2500 picked up 9/28/16 MM3 DRD Tuning 107K miles wrecked by jeep wrangler.....

Other Toys: 1973 Charger Bougham edition 400 big block 42K original miles
    Unicycles (about 3 dozen)

6 in a row makes her go

8. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, Power247 thanked for this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

I dont personally have any experience with DRD tuning but as you can read here it must be the cream of the crop. I can say that I am running CTT intact tuning and my truck runs flawless so far. If there is anyone near me with Ray's tuning I would love to go for a ride so I could see how it runs 1st hand and also know what to offer my customers as another option. I never sell anything that I haven't personally ran so I know what I am offering. I'm in Pa right off I-81

10. Top Of Page | #6

Quote Originally Posted by RamHunter18 View Post
    I dont personally have any experience with DRD tuning but as you can read here it must be the cream of the crop. I can say that I am running CTT intact tuning and my truck runs flawless so far. If there is anyone near me with Ray's tuning I would love to go for a ride so I could see how it runs 1st hand and also know what to offer my customers as another option. I never sell anything that I haven't personally ran so I know what I am offering. I'm in Pa right off I-81
    I just installed CTT intact tuning, and have exhaust on its way with intention of deleting next week.

Good to hear you’ve liked the CTT tuning!

11. Likes timshooter40 liked this post
  12. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

a year ago I put on the EGR-LESS tuning and ran it for 1 year. I now have full delete tuning and used a pro-flo delete pipe. I didn't touch anything on the engine. if i have any issues with the truck I could just swap back to stock tuning and put the DPF etc back on.
    the only negative to some people with the EGR-LESS tuning is the extra amount of DEF fluid you will use. so if you do more stop go and city driving you will use more than if you were driving hwy speeds. but it wasn't like it was bad to me. I get a 2.5 gal jug for 8$ and i put one in every 2k miles. I never let it get to far under half. yes there is extra power but I tell you the same power levels from EGR-LESS compared to full delete are different. with the EGR-LESS so there is better bottom end, stronger boost and pick up on higher speeds. I got a little better mpg on freeway only when i behaved with my foot. so yes no egr is a good thing. but i knew i would do delete tuning but i wanted to wait about a year. I bought my 2017 new off the lot in aug/2019
    with the delete tuning all i said above x10. i have actually hand calculated my best being 22mpg on the truck. but when you see all the restriction that is going on in the exhaust its amazing how a cummins even runs with that type of back pressure.

2017 WON TON CC LB 68AUTO
    Secret stuff that make it vroom and whistle better Thuren 2.25 w/2.0 Fox Resi

Justin
    Southern Oregon ( the Republican part)
    UNITEDSTATES MARINE CORPS 1993-2007
    No better friend, No better enemy.

13. Thanks AK Bob, mdg66 thanked for this post
  14. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RamHunter18 View Post
    If you are anywhere the NJ line in PA I can make that happen.

BTW 87K miles with Ray's EGRless.

2014 Ram 2500 CCSB Ram Box Larime
    2011 Ram 5500
    2006 Diesel Jeep Liberty
    RIP. 2016 Tradesman 2500 picked up 9/28/16 MM3 DRD Tuning 107K miles wrecked by jeep wrangler.....

Other Toys: 1973 Charger Bougham edition 400 big block 42K original miles
    Unicycles (about 3 dozen)

6 in a row makes her go

15. Likes Power247 liked this post