Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  11

Thread: No brake lights...

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

No brake lights...

All three of my brake lights went out... blinkers do now work either. I tested connector at tail lights (was able to fond that connector view) between power and ground; i have power, but no ground when brake switch is closed. Trying to test connector at switch, but can not find propper connector view.. was hoping someone has access to alldata or Chrysler? Shes a 2006 2500.. obviously 5.9 cr..

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: No brake lights...

Quote Originally Posted by Classy-or-nasty View Post
    All three of my brake lights went out... blinkers do now work either. I tested connector at tail lights (was able to fond that connector view) between power and ground; i have power, but no ground when brake switch is closed. Trying to test connector at switch, but can not find propper connector view.. was hoping someone has access to alldata or Chrysler? Shes a 2006 2500.. obviously 5.9 cr..
    Hi this might sound like a dumb answer but have you checked the fuses under the hood. I hope you figure that out.

3. Thanks Polaraco thanked for this post
    Likes david3gen, cumminsdieselfreak liked this post
  4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 03 unicorn View Post
    Hi this might sound like a dumb answer but have you checked the fuses under the hood. I hope you figure that out.
    x2 I'd check all appropriate fuses before I moved on to checking/testing wiring.

2018 Ram 2500 4x4 G56
    Romans 10:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    joe@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

5. Likes 03 unicorn, david3gen liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by cumminsdieselfreak View Post
    x2 I'd check all appropriate fuses before I moved on to checking/testing wiring.
    Yea stupid me spent about an hour a month ago searching for a "short" in my trailer brake parking lights I'll wait to find out the fuse was blown for the trailer lights. If only I had looked there first.

7. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 03 unicorn View Post
    Yea stupid me spent about an hour a month ago searching for a "short" in my trailer brake parking lights I'll wait to find out the fuse was blown for the trailer lights. If only I had looked there first.
    Happens to the best of us LOL!

Now you’ll have a great memory to check it next time if something similar ever happens LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

8. Likes cumminsdieselfreak, 03 unicorn liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dude's Diesel Performance View Post
    Happens to the best of us LOL!

Now you’ll have a great memory to check it next time if something similar ever happens LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I just did just that! But I'm old

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

10. Likes 03 unicorn, AnOldBiker, david3gen liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #7
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

If you're lucky .. and it is the fuse, my two questions would be:
    "What caused the fuse to go bad"?
    "Can this happen again"?

I'm old ..
    I don't like doing the same thing twice ....

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

12. Likes 03 unicorn, david3gen liked this post