Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  16

Thread: Tuned but no better than stock?

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Tuned but no better than stock?

So I ordered the mm3 with emissions intact tuning from a big name company that will not be named at this time( trying to let them fix it). I have a 2018 3500dw with the aisin trans. Got 4 tunes heavy tow, light tow, Street, and Race. Towing with any under the street tune has way less power than stock. Street feels close to stock and have never towed in (race). Even not towing you can tell the power is less than stock. Every one that I have seen does power levels based on the 68RFE. So anything less than 130lb added will be less than stock is what I’m thinking. I know this is a longer read but did I waste money trying to tune my Aisin equipped truck. Or are my tunes rubbish Thanks

2. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Tuned but no better than stock?

Quote Originally Posted by BenK View Post
    So I ordered the mm3 with emissions intact tuning from a big name company that will not be named at this time( trying to let them fix it). I have a 2018 3500dw with the aisin trans. Got 4 tunes heavy tow, light tow, Street, and Race. Towing with any under the street tune has way less power than stock. Street feels close to stock and have never towed in (race). Even not towing you can tell the power is less than stock. Every one that I have seen does power levels based on the 68RFE. So anything less than 130lb added will be less than stock is what I’m thinking. I know this is a longer read but did I waste money trying to tune my Aisin equipped truck. Or are my tunes rubbish Thanks
    Any kind of towing is recommended at 30hp only. To feel the big difference compared to emissions intact tuning is to delete. Then you will feel the difference.

2016 Ram Laramie 3500, G56, 6.7, MM3 by Double R Diesel, Rough Country Leveling, 35x12.50 Nitto G2, HID headlights and fogs plus many many other add ons.....

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab ,G56

4. Likes cumminsdieselfreak, david3gen liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by watersupply189 View Post
    Any kind of towing is recommended at 30hp only. To feel the big difference compared to emissions intact tuning is to delete. Then you will feel the difference.

2016 Ram Laramie 3500, G56, 6.7, MM3 by Double R Diesel, Rough Country Leveling, 35x12.50 Nitto G2, HID headlights and fogs plus many many other add ons.....
    x2

2018 Ram 2500 4x4 G56
    Romans 10:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    joe@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

6. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Both tow tunes fell a lot less powerful than stock is what I’m trying to say. Tuner says is a 40hp tune and it can’t keep speed up hills where stock has no problem. I guess I’m asking if they are the same tunes for the aisin as for the 68RFE. If so why did I buy a tune for it. Any other tuners out there that can answer this for me.

8. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Who tuned it?

That will tell us a lot.

Join as a Lifetime Platinum Member Today

"The grass is greener where you water it"

9. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Calibrated Power

10. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Both tow tunes fell a lot less powerful than stock is what I’m trying to say. Tuner says is a 40hp tune and it can’t keep speed up hills where stock has no problem. I guess I’m asking if they are the same tunes for the aisin as for the 68RFE. If so why did I buy a tune for it. Any other tuners out there that can answer this for me.
    No one tunes the Aisin. Based on what info you've provided, I think you should have went with a different company. Let us know if they make it right. If not, I can make a recommendation for a reputable company

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

2018 Ram 2500 4x4 G56
    Romans 10:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    joe@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

12. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, Thomas1960 liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Calibrated Power
    Something isn't correct friend.

Join as a Lifetime Platinum Member Today

"The grass is greener where you water it"

14. Thanks cumminsdieselfreak thanked for this post
  15. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

I agree something doesn’t seem right with your tune. As far as I know there is no tuner for an Aisin transmission at this time.

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab ,G56

16. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, cumminsdieselfreak liked this post