Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  13

Thread: Went from Mega to CC/LB, I want my mega cab...

1. Top Of Page | #1

Went from Mega to CC/LB, I want my mega cab...

OK, so I had been in MegaCabs since first introduced, but had been plagued several times for various reasons by the need for a Longbed.

So when shopping around for what ultimately ended up as my latest latest truck I kind new going into it I was giving up the interior space of the Mega for the long box of the Crew. For a long time I just told myself I'll look into the StretchMyTruck.com shop in Utah when I bought my next truck, and go with the mega.

Don't get me wrong, I'm loving the longer bed, but the lack of behind/under rear seat storage. I can't throw the memory foam mattress in the back and use it for a sleeper.

So now here comes the question part. Has anyone here had their truck stretched at the aforementioned shop? If so, what did you think of the outcome? To me, it looks like the best of both worlds, Mega space with long bed space. Ok turning radius may suffer, but I don't live in Priusland here...

Current: 2015 3500 Longhorn CC LB DRW 4x4 CTD AISIN 4.10, Brilliant Black Crystal (PXR) with White Gold Metallic (PWL)
    First: 2000 2500 White (bought new, had long enough to replace VP44 2 times, 400K+ miles)
    Personal Info: Full carnivore since June 2014, and healthier than EVER (literally only meat/animal products...I don't eat my food's food)

2. Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Went from Mega to CC/LB, I want my mega cab...

Quote Originally Posted by Carnivore View Post
    OK, so I had been in MegaCabs since first introduced, but had been plagued several times for various reasons by the need for a Longbed.

So when shopping around for what ultimately ended up as my latest latest truck I kind new going into it I was giving up the interior space of the Mega for the long box of the Crew. For a long time I just told myself I'll look into the StretchMyTruck.com shop in Utah when I bought my next truck, and go with the mega.

Don't get me wrong, I'm loving the longer bed, but the lack of behind/under rear seat storage. I can't throw the memory foam mattress in the back and use it for a sleeper.

So now here comes the question part. Has anyone here had their truck stretched at the aforementioned shop? If so, what did you think of the outcome? To me, it looks like the best of both worlds, Mega space with long bed space. Ok turning radius may suffer, but I don't live in Priusland here...

Welcome sir! Glad to have ya here. Also, i have met a ton of folks who have had it done and they love it but it is extremely long and the majority of the time they sell it years later LOL. The reason is because of parking. It is not parking or turning friendly. If this does not bother you then you should be just fine.

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

4. Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

Yeah, parking a long dually isn't much fun no matter how you slice it. For the sake of walking and getting more exercise, I already park in the hinterlands of parking lots where space is usually abundant. I really go out of my way to not be that guy wetting his pants for a close parking spot. So this doesn't change much for me when it ends up being my grocery-getter. Hell I drive it as a grocery getter many times cus this thing is just too much fun.

The only two things I pull at the moment are a 43' toy hauler fifth wheel or a 40' gooseneck. I'm already jockeying stuff back and forth with the turning radius in those cases. So an extra couple of forward/back cycles shouldn't hurt as much as having to overnight in the crew cab instead of the Mega's laid flat back seat + memory foam mattress.

I generally do everything I can to pre-plan routes for clearances, access, and only fuel up about every 1200-1400 miles (stock + bed tank) at truck stops (Loves, Pilot, FlyingJ, TA, etc).

I think I'm gonna go drop by Custom Solutionz's shop and get some eyes on one during our next drive out to Wyoming this summer. Their gallery has me hooked: http://stretchmytruck.com/gallery/

Thanks for the input!

Current: 2015 3500 Longhorn CC LB DRW 4x4 CTD AISIN 4.10, Brilliant Black Crystal (PXR) with White Gold Metallic (PWL)
    First: 2000 2500 White (bought new, had long enough to replace VP44 2 times, 400K+ miles)
    Personal Info: Full carnivore since June 2014, and healthier than EVER (literally only meat/animal products...I don't eat my food's food)

6. Likes Power247, watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

And one more thing...

Dear FCA or Santa (probably get it sooner)...

my wish list for my next RAM...

Megacab
    Longbed
    Eaton-Cummins Endurant tranny
    19.5" Load range G stock
    Rambox style DRW bed, with 100-200 gallon fuel tanks instead of the Ramboxes.
    Espresso machine built-in to the dash.

I don't believe this isn't asking too much...

8. Likes watersupply189, jman55, Power247, walla2k5 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Welcome to the family

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

10. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

If Ram makes that truck on your wish list, I want one too. Especially like the idea of more fuel in those giant fenders.

2016 3500 Laramie Mega DRW Aisin 3.73

12. Likes watersupply189 liked this post