Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  28
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which tune? DRD, HPP, ANARCHY, etc...

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Which tune? DRD, HPP, ANARCHY, etc...

I got my 2017 ram 2500 a month ago and I want to delete and tune it. I tow a 10k 5th wheel once or twice a month to and from jobs traveling. I have a stock truck at the moment but I will bite the bullet all at once and get a turbo back exhaust, egr delete, and one of these tunes. I have looked at the three tunes I listed in the title and mainly found threads on people with good things about them. I see DRD is a bit more expensive than the rest and charges you for updates if I'm not mistaken. I seen people say good things about anarchy and Hpp. Which one has better trans tune? Some people like the gear lock out but doesnt that kill the tranny after a while? Does one tune lean towards a certain kind of performance or driving type than the other?

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Which tune? DRD, HPP, ANARCHY, etc...

Quote Originally Posted by Brickaegis144 View Post
    I got my 2017 ram 2500 a month ago and I want to delete and tune it. I tow a 10k 5th wheel once or twice a month to and from jobs traveling. I have a stock truck at the moment but I will bite the bullet all at once and get a turbo back exhaust, egr delete, and one of these tunes. I have looked at the three tunes I listed in the title and mainly found threads on people with good things about them. I see DRD is a bit more expensive than the rest and charges you for updates if I'm not mistaken. I seen people say good things about anarchy and Hpp. Which one has better trans tune? Some people like the gear lock out but doesnt that kill the tranny after a while? Does one tune lean towards a certain kind of performance or driving type than the other?
    Welcome to the forum!

Searching this site you will find a truck load of happy DRD customers, many of them had tuning from a previous company but switched when they became dissatisfied for one reason or another. Something else to consider is the tuning platform. I personally like the MM3 because it is an all in one unit. If you want to have digital gauges then you will need to also account for purchasing an Edge monitor if you decide to get EFILive.

Bottom line is for custom tuning on the MM3 you will not find any better than Ray at DRD.

I run either the 90hp or 120hp tune for daily driving. Our camper is also about 10k and will run the 30hp tune if I am going anywhere near the mountains. For shorter trips or heading to the coast (all flat land driving) I run the 90hp tune as I do get slightly better MPGs.

Greg
    2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | MM3 tuned by Double R Diesel
    2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

4. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, cumminsdieselfreak thanked for this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Welcome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2006 dodge ram 2500 laramie crew cab 5.9 cummins. 10x20 et-24 fuel offroad with 275.60r20 tires. bully dog gt tuner. 48re ATS built tranny triple disc converter ATS oilpan and transgo quick shifter. 4" turbo back exhaust. brembo discs and pads

6. Likes cumminsdieselfreak, walla2k5 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

You have options with DRD. Express tuning(1 tune), lite(full tuning minus sound files) and full tuning(all power levels and sound files). I have DRD and love it, I truly believe no other company cares about it's customers the way DRD does. While there may be "better feeling" trans tuning, DRD's tuning has the known shift flare but it's there to protect your transmission in the long run. As for the updates, unless you plan on building your truck or have some type of rare problem I don't see you even needing a retune. Someone can correct me if i'm wrong.

2018 Ram 2500 4x4 G56
    Romans 10:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    joe@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

8. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

I personally love my tunes on my 2017 from DRD.

I have anarchy efi live on my 09 and from my experience with them I wouldn't let them tune a go cart.

10. Likes walla2k5, cumminsdieselfreak liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

DRD and very satisfied!!!!!!!!

12. Likes walla2k5, cumminsdieselfreak liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

DRD = The best in the field!!!! Without a doubt...

14. Likes walla2k5, cumminsdieselfreak liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Cometman View Post
    DRD = The best in the field!!!! Without a doubt...
    Who else's tunes have you ran?

16. Likes walla2k5, cumminsdieselfreak liked this post
  17. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

DRD for sure- I ran EFI live on my last truck and was hesitant to switch but I couldn’t be happier with the tuning, MM3 unit, and most importantly customer service.

2013 Ram 2500
    John 3:16 - Philippians 4:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

18. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, cumminsdieselfreak liked this post
  19. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

DRD

20. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, cumminsdieselfreak liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast