Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  4

Thread: '14 2500 headlight switch issue

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

'14 2500 headlight switch issue

Just bought this truck a few weeks ago and can not figure out the headlight issue.
    They will only work when the key is on. The switch is not operational what so ever. I just put a new switch in it this week after testing all the wires at the plug and still have the same issue.

All the lights work and function when the truck is running. Ive got voltahe at the switch so I dont believe this is TIPM related. The dimmer nor cargo light no not respond to the switch motion either.
    Ive checked the DRL sensor aswell as reset the computer by pulling battery cables and grounding them twice. Still nothing.

Does anyone have any ideas where I should go from here besides the dealer?

Aside from being deleted with EFIlive, it has aftermarket cab lights and dealer installed remote start.
    Cab lights work and pull signal from the orange/brown tow circuit at the headliht switch hence, how i know the TIPM is working.

2. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: '14 2500 headlight switch issue

Would the lighting circuit default to running during key cycle if the TIPM detected a short in the system?
    Ive got full LED headlights that all work fine and have no light out codes or messages so I dont know how this wont respond at the switch.

4. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 14CTD01 View Post
    Just bought this truck a few weeks ago and can not figure out the headlight issue.
    They will only work when the key is on. The switch is not operational what so ever. I just put a new switch in it this week after testing all the wires at the plug and still have the same issue.

All the lights work and function when the truck is running. Ive got voltahe at the switch so I dont believe this is TIPM related. The dimmer nor cargo light no not respond to the switch motion either.
    Ive checked the DRL sensor aswell as reset the computer by pulling battery cables and grounding them twice. Still nothing.

Does anyone have any ideas where I should go from here besides the dealer?

Aside from being deleted with EFIlive, it has aftermarket cab lights and dealer installed remote start.
    Cab lights work and pull signal from the orange/brown tow circuit at the headliht switch hence, how i know the TIPM is working.
    First of all, what are we working on here? Saturn? Hugo? Year? Mods?

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

6. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

1978 Toyota Corolla

Its in the title of the thread. 2014 2500 CTD

Im pretty sure its a bad BCM. Ive exhausted my personal tech tooling on troubleshooting, I habe an appt with the dealer next week to check for any BCM codes since there the only ones that can look at them.
    Next step will be the replace the BCM if no codes lead me to a resolution.

8. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189 liked this post