Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Code P2459 diesel particulate filter Regen frequency

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Code P2459 diesel particulate filter Regen frequency

Ok so I installed a S&B cold air on my 2018 about 3 weeks ago. I did a lot of highway driving put on about 3,800 miles and one day about a week ago I’m filling up and I left the engine running, something I never do and I don’t even quite know why or if it’s just a stupid habit but right after that I get down the road a ways and see my engine light is on! Oh boy here we go, only 19,000 miles on it, so I bring it to my mechanic and he brings up the P2459 which is obviously DEF related, we don’t erase it so I can bring to dealer. I bring it to dealer and then they call me and ask when was cold air put on, I tell them and then they blame it on that cause they say it has to do with how much air is going into motor! I think this is a crock of “____”, and they were also supposed to fix a clunk in steering which they couldn’t figure out until I went back to dealer and showed them. Bottom line this dealer is a bunch of clowns but can anyone tell me if the code and the cold air intake could even possibly be related?

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Code P2459 diesel particulate filter Regen frequency

Good to know

3. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Just curious, what is the clunk in the steering because mine does it too?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2013 Ram 2500, 4 door, short bed, MM3 by DRD, S&B Cold Air Intake, Jamo 4inch Exhaust with muffler and tip, Shibby Plugs, Supernova V4 LED headlight bulbs

4. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BLACKDIAMOND View Post
    Ok so I installed a S&B cold air on my 2018 about 3 weeks ago. I did a lot of highway driving put on about 3,800 miles and one day about a week ago I’m filling up and I left the engine running, something I never do and I don’t even quite know why or if it’s just a stupid habit but right after that I get down the road a ways and see my engine light is on! Oh boy here we go, only 19,000 miles on it, so I bring it to my mechanic and he brings up the P2459 which is obviously DEF related, we don’t erase it so I can bring to dealer. I bring it to dealer and then they call me and ask when was cold air put on, I tell them and then they blame it on that cause they say it has to do with how much air is going into motor! I think this is a crock of “____”, and they were also supposed to fix a clunk in steering which they couldn’t figure out until I went back to dealer and showed them. Bottom line this dealer is a bunch of clowns but can anyone tell me if the code and the cold air intake could even possibly be related?
    The S&B is designed to work for that truck and to not have any issues at all. There are gong to be some issues here and there but you can always install your factory box to show them it is not. It is a pain but might be well worth it before the problem grows.

If it is an issue then i would contact S&B for a little backup possibly and help

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

5. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

It was a loose steering track, I believe is what they said, never heard of it but they may have said rack too. When I bought the trick they had a recall on the drag links and I don’t think they put everything back together properly?

6. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dude's Diesel Performance View Post
    The S&B is designed to work for that truck and to not have any issues at all. There are gong to be some issues here and there but you can always install your factory box to show them it is not. It is a pain but might be well worth it before the problem grows.

If it is an issue then i would contact S&B for a little backup possibly and help
    ya I was trying to avoid that but it may come to it? I erased the code myself and if it comes back then I will re-install and try again.

7. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

I think the techs are being lazy and looking for anything aftermarket to blame it on. Probably would have blamed your weathertech floor mats if that's all they had to go on.

2014 Ram 2500 Big Horn, pretty much bone stock.

"...any man who may be asked in this century what he did to make his life worthwhile, I think can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction: 'I served in the United States Navy.” - JFK

8. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post